59

Milile pov:

I was now home and i'm taking it one step at a time. I think it's also a helpful that I have Nqubeko because sometimes we just cuddle and talk about how hard it is to accept and we'd also talk about how our baby would have looked like and all that. Dad has been chilled about it because sometimes he even lets him come to my outside room whenever it's one of those dark days for me.

Today we were finally going to consult about my issue, the pain weren't that severe anymore. Dad found a healer and he was going to come here. Only dad, mah, Zamekile and I were to be present.

Dad: "Come babygirl. He's here." I get off my bed, wear my shoes and follow dad out to the main house. As soon as I walk into the room, he groans loudly and boldly.

Healer: "Waze wathwala kanzima mntanam. Inking zakho zivele zangisinda uqhamuka." he said and then groans again.

Healer: "This matter needs the man you involved with, call him here too." I nod and go back to my room to call Nqubeko. He answered immediately and promised to get here in a second.

He arrived 20 minutes later and we walked inside the house. He helped me sit down then he sat next to me.

Healer: "You both have been through so much. I always admire people who overcome the hardest obstacles in life because they are strong. You both are strong and definitely meant to be together."

Healer: "Mfana. Your parents owe you the truth. You were never infertile but they know what happened."

Nqubeko: "What truth?"

Healer: "It's not my place to tell you everything but there's alot going on behind your back that you don't know. Your mother's ancestors are really looking after you. What is your surname?" He clears his throat and glances at me before he starts reciting them.

Nqubeko: "NdinguNdamase." the healer shakes his head.

Healer: "Your mother's surname?"

Nqubeko: "Shezi."

Healer: "That doesn't make sense. Here, it appears that you are a Mvelase and your mother's family is fighting your father's side. Basically both sides are fighting over you, your father's family owes the Mvelase's what's due to them."

Nqubeko: "Kodwa both my parents were married."

Healer: "Like i said, they owe you answers. You, my girl still need a cleansing after the loss of your first child. She will become an angry ancestor since you didn't acknowledge her."

Me: "I understand."

Healer: "Now, your recent miscarriage was caused by all the negativity that surrounded your pregnancy. Especially from the people closest to you." he says looking at Nqubeko.

Nqubeko: "What do you mean baba?"

Healer: "Your child was not strong enough to fight against all these forces alone. Kunabantu abekade bekubophele ngezinhliziyo bafuna lengane ifile ukuze kuqhubeke imikhuba yabo. On top of that, there was all these spiritual forces and fights between ancestors." Nqubeko wipes his face frustratedly while i try to hold back my tears.

Nqubeko: "What about her situation? The doctors claim to see something in her womb.."

Healer: "Those are evil forces. It is actually a spiritual snake sent to her as a way to get rid of her womb. These people actually are looking to prevent you from making kids because you having kids will destroy them. You finding this girl wasn't only God but your mother's ancestors were fighting for you. You have been suffering but you don't know it, you have been robbed off so many things but you in the dark."

Nqubeko: "What do i have to do then? How can we also remove this spiritual snake before it does damage?"

Healer: "I will help her with cleansing, we will also cleanse the both of you together for your loss. After that I will have to strengthen y'all physically and emotionally."

Me: "thank you."

Healer: "And my boy, in whatever you find out. Be careful and think before you act, okay?" Nqubeko nods looking down shyly. Nothing breaks my heart then seeing him this hurt. The healer nods

Healer: "Don't be so sad, after your cleansing everything will be fine." Dad clears his throat, I actually had forgotten that they were also in the room.

Dad: "What is going to be needed for the cleansing ceremonies?"

Healer: "Two white goats, one black sheep and four white chickens. Also incense, candles and two sets of baby clothes."

Healer: "You! You also need to cleanse your daughter here as a way of apologising." Zamekile nods.

Healer: "Good. My work here for now is done."

______________

Please bare with me with the little updates, i'm currently swamped with assignments and tests😭😭