27

-SHORT INSERT

Milile pov:

Mah has been mad at dad ever since that day and it has been really awkward in this house. Dad totally refused to leave when mah chased him away instead he has been using the guest bedroom. Pule and I have moved to our outside small apartments and mom wasn't really okay with that but eventually she came around.

On other news Lethi got me a job at her friend's workplace and i will be working as a clerk. I'm currently getting ready for work and Pule offered to drop me off. Mom came knocking here and told us not to miss breakfast.

Pule : "You look good baby."

Me : "Thank you sis." she takes my hand and we walk to the main house where we find the parents arguing and they don't even notice us walking in.

Mah : "Ndaba, I am tired of having to always compete with that woman all the time in this marriage Menzi. Mina ever since you involved with her, you always running around for her or with her and mina ngislima esihlale sikulandela nje!" she says crying with dad trying to calm her down.

Dad : "Zamokuhle, that has never been my intention. I love you so much mnkami, I can never disrespect you like that because you are my queen, my best friend. There is no other you that I can find..."

Mah : "That's just words Menzi and they don't mean sh*t to me anymore. I'm not that naïve woman anymore."

Dad : "Sthandwa sami, just give me a chance nkosiyami. Please."

Mah : "Ay i'm not sure about that anymore. Just let me be, we will talk about all this after i've given birth." Pule and I share a look at that. Dad looks shocked and happy

Dad : "Heh?! You pregnant?! Baby really?!" mom nods crying.

Mah : "I found out the day you were busy talking about your girlfriend to my kids."  dad chuckles a bit.

Dad : "Now that explains your sudden moods.." mah throws him an evil look.

______________

Mr Dlamini : "Ms Ndaba, please follow me to my office."  oh yes, i'm officially and legally a Ndaba. I quietly follow him with my heart beating rapidly like it's going to explode.

Mr Dlamini : "Take a sit." I do that and breathe out a bit. I hear him chuckle then he gives me a glass of water.

Mr Dlamini : "Don't be so nervous."

Me : "I can't help it."

Mr Dlamini : "Okay. As you know that I am just standing in for your real boss who is currently on leave. He is coming back tomorrow but i didn't want to tell everyone that because they will start acting like they were working hard." he says the last part jokingly.

Me : "..."

Mr Dlamini : "Okay so your boss actually does not have a PA and I think you are the best person for that. Instead of having two receptionists that we don't really need, how about you move into that small corner there and be his PA."

Me : "Oh uhm... is that even the right thing to do sir?"

Mr Dlamini : "Very well Ms Ndaba. Every busy person needs a PA."

Me : "it's okay, I will take the job."

Mr Dlamini : "I was not going to let you turn it down anyway. You are excused and you can start koving your things to your table." he points at the small table in the corner of the office.