85

MONTHS LATER!!!
Milile pov:

I was currently busy with the final copy of my business plan on my laptop while Nqubeko had my feet on his lap massaging them as he watched his game.

Nqubeko: "I need more beer." I get my feet off of his lap so he can go to the kitchen.

Nqubeko: "Baby, do you need anything?" he asked startling me as I was focused on his phone that has just beeped.

Me: "Cela ifruit salad baby."

Nqubeko: "Okay." I check the text and it's from a Dr K and it read as so,

"Greetings Mr N, if you could maybe swing by later to get your results back."

Nqubeko: "What is it?"

Me: "A Dr K just said you can 'swing by' for your results. What results?"

Nqubeko: "Oh uhh..." he clears his throat.

Me: "Are you gonna talk or..?"

Nqubeko: "It was... okay I had went to the doctor because I had a slight problem with my little man. The doctor actually suspected it's prostate cancer."

Me: "What? and you didn't tell me because?"

Nqubeko: "I didn't want to scare you baby."

Me: "I'm coming with to get your results." he chuckles nodding. He hands me my bowl of fruits and sits next to me.

***
His phone rings and he answers and puts it on loud speaker.

Nqubeko: "Dabawo?"

Dabawo: "Hello my boy. How are you? How's makoti and usana." (the baby) okay i assume she's talking about uNasi.

Nqubeko: "Ewe siyaphila mama, nina ninjani?" (Yes, we are good. How are y'all?)

Dabawo: "Hhay mfana we are okay regardless of all the problems we face everyday."

Nqubeko: "mnhm"

Dabawo: "I called to tell you, it's time you come home with your wife."

Nqubeko: "Oh okay."

Dabawo: "And I don't mean during holidays, no! You should be here tomorrow morning."

Nqubeko: "But mama..."

Dabawo: "heeey! if you want to loose those kids your wife is carrying then carry on being stubborn."

Nqubeko: "What babies mah?"

Dabawo: "I told you months ago that your wife is pregnant and wena awandihoya."

Nqubeko: "Okay we will be there mama." I glare at this man next to me.

Nqubeko: "please baby, can we not argue now?"

Me: "We won't argue unless you tell why didn't you tell me what your aunt said?! Nqubeko!!"

Nqubeko: "I seriously didn't think she was telling the turth plus your body didn't have any changes nje.. baby!"

Me: "Nqubeko, i'm starting to doubt all of this, us, our marriage. The way you keep things from me? hhayi shame bhuti!!"

Nqubeko: "Baby."

Me: "mxm! futhi angiyi lapho mina, i'm not pregnant. I know my body and I won't be told by anyone else ngowami umzimba mina, mccm!" I walk off leaving him sitting there.