76

Milile pov

It's a another day, another struggle as we continue to fight for the happy ending that never seems possible. So Nqubeko went to the Eastern Cape again and alone this time around to meet his father's extended family. He later called me letting me know how happy they were to see him and how everyone welcomed him with warm hands and love. He then told me that they were going to take him to his mother's family which he was really anxious about out if everything. I honestly think, they wouldn't treat him badly when they lost their daughter and i'm sure they would be happy to see him as something that would remind them of their late daughter.

mah: "Milile."

Me: "Mah?"

Mah: "Leave that child alone and come here." Yep you guessed it. I finally, properly met my small brother and I haven't been able to put him down. I even watch him while mom does her work or takes a nap since dad and Pule have work. I actually enjoy watching him, he is such a sweetheart because he doesn't really fuss that much and he only cries when necessary. I even know his routine now, mom believes that he is just being choosy because apparently he isn't as peaceful with her or dad.

Me: "mah?"

Mah: "I need you to go to the mall for me." I hand her the baby.

Me: "Okay?"

Mah: "Here's a list of what I need and my card."

Me: "Okay. Can I use your car?" I grin

Mah: "sure babe." I kiss her cheek then my small brother's face and leave. I will also do my hair since it has grown this much. I want braids this time around or even a weave, something different that'll charm my man.

After doing all the shopping I was sent to do, I go to the salon. Luckily I find it empty and so I'm attended to very quickly.

Lady: "So what do you want to do sweets?"

Me: "Wash my hair and I don't know braids."

Lady: "Braids?!"

Me: "I just want something that will wow my man." I say blushing. She winks.

Lady: "Watch me do ny magic."

****

Two hours later I walk out with an 18 inch blonde weave installed on my head. I used my man's card to pay. I then pushed my trolley to an underwear boutique. I will be using my card this time, I can't have him seeing notifications and having the surprise in my head ruined. After my little lingerie shopping, I drive back home.

Mah: "Oh my goodness!!! You look so gorgeous baby. Oh my word!!!"

Me: "Thank you mommy."

Mah: "I won't even shout at you anymore. You look so beautiful my love."

Me: "Thanks mah." I hand her the things she had sent me to get. I then go to my room with my own shopping bags. I find Pule sleeping on my bed, I let her be since she's also still in her work clothes. I pack away my things then change into some comfy clothes. My phone rings, I quickly answer so i don't wake my sister.

Me: "Baby."

Nqubeko: "I'm on my way back. I want to see you, I miss you so much sthandwa sami."

Me: "Really?! What happened to looking for your mother's family?!"

Nqubeko: "They still searching baby, mina I miss you sthandwa sami." he sounds a bit tipsy.

Me: "Are you drunk Nqubeko?!"

Nqubeko: "Just a little bit baby. Futhi it's not drunk, I'm tipsy. Yes, tipsy."

Me: "And you driving?!" I shout shocked.

Nqubeko: "Baby wait, calm down."

Me: "Don't tell me nonsense Nqubeko when you driving while drunk and not to mention while on the phone with me."

Nqubeko: "My brother is driving baby. I have an older brother imagine baby!" he sounds so excited and happy which makes me smile.

Me: "I am so happy for you sthandwa sami."

Nqubeko: "I love you yezwa?!"

Me: "I love you too." he makes kissing sounds making me blush.

Nqubeko: "I will call you when i'm there. I want to see you."

Me: "Okay." I hang up.

Pule: "Hey Gorgeous stranger." I blush.

Me: "Hey sissy. I'm sorry for waking you."

Pule: "Nah it's cool. You look beautiful baby."

Me: "Thank you." I also get in bed and lay next to her.

Pule: "I'm in deep sh*t!"

Me: "What?"

Pule: "So I'm pregnant, I haven't told Bandile as yet and i'm actually scared. What if he doesn't want a baby sis? Like he's never mentioned anything about having kids and he's always brushing off that topic."

Me: "Ahh babe." I hug her.

Pule: "I'm really scared."

Me: "Don't be, talk to him first. Hear him out before you make any conclusions about him. Who knows?! he might actually be very happy about this..."

Pule: "I guess. Manje phela, I have been avoiding him."