55

NARRATED

Ndaba : "What was that all about Zamekile?"

Zame : "I don't know really. I thought she had forgiven me."

Ndaba : "Don't take it to heart, she is just still hurt about losing her baby."

Zame : "She was pregnant ?"

Ndaba : "Yeah.."

Zame : "Oh my God! I think I reminded her of the time me and Bhulose forced her to abort.."

Ndaba : "Forced her to WHAT?!! Angizwanga?!!!"

Zame : "Yes well, alot was going on. I took out my anger on her and beat her up while she was pregnant that's how she landed in hospital the first time. She came back, Bhulose found out about her pregnancy, I was still angry so I forced her to drink a laxative just so she could lose the baby. Trust me, I regret that all the time and it haunts me every single day. Bhulose beat her up right that moment and she landed in ICU for that time period ke. I truly..." she is cut off by Ndaba slapping her, they all gasp

Pule : "You are such a disgusting human being." she says with grimace.

Ndaba : "You let my daughter go through all of that and kept quiet?!! Heh!!?! Then you had the audacity to let me speak for you to her!! You just made me hate you all over again. Milile never mentioned this to us so I would assume she is still trying to heal from it."

Zame : "I'm sorry Ndaba."

Ndaba : "So you have been letting your husband abuse my child under your care Zamekile?!! Heh!!?! You would have also kept quiet if she ever got molested in that house Zamekile? Huh?"  Zamekile starts shying away.

Ndaba : "You better speak now before I find out about it myself and it won't be nice. I don't want to lie!"

Zame : "She once told us that Bhulose's brother touched her inappropriately and we all turned a blind eye. We chose to not believe her, myself included even though I knew that man's shenanigans. I really regret all of it. I am not proud of it all.." Another slap lands on the same cheek.

Ndaba : "Uyislima somfazi wena! So wena you chose a man? A stranger over your own child?!"

Zame : "My mind was all focused on getting the bag so that I will have something to leave behind for my child Ndaba. I didn't want her to also suffer like I did when my mother abandoned me."

Ndaba : "You disgust me right now, please get out of my sight!" Zamekile walks away with a tail between her legs.

_____________

Later that day, Nqubeko left the hospital and went to his house. He found MaMbatha busy cleaning while humming.

MaMbatha: "Aw mfana wami. You back?" He frowns looking angry.

Nqubeko: "It was you, wasn't it?!" he asks angrily.

MaMbatha: "Who did what?"

Nqubeko: "I have seen the looks you gave her! I know you don't like her but to kill my baby Mah?!" he shouts angrily.

MaMbatha: "Aybo what are you talking about Nqubeko?!"

Nqubeko: "The day I found you laughing with her here, you were trying to manipulate us into thinking that you like her now. Then you baked cupcakes here, she ate them and just before we could sleep she had cramps. She complained about cramps from that day!"

MaMbatha: "Why would I even want to kill your child Nqubeko?! You are like a son to me! Your child is my grandchild so why would think I would do something so painful?! I know at firsthand what that pain does to a woman and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy."

Nqubeko: "You can defend yourself all you want but I know what i'm talking about. Why would she eat the 'goodies' you baked and then she starts experiencing cramps often?!"

MaMbatha : "I'm leaving. You know where to find me when you need help." He clicks his tongue and leaves for his room. He locks the door and goes to the bathroom to take a shower, as soon as the water splashes on his body, he lets out a loud wail.