22

NARRATED

{ AT THE BHULOSE HOUSEHOLD }

It was early in the morning and MaBhulose was sitting alone having breakfast. A knock comes through disturbing her, she goes to open and is met by a man in suit

Man : "Good morning maam. I'm Mr Magula, sheriff of the High Court and you have been served." MaBhulose frowns.

MaBhulose : "What do you mean by that?!" she asks acting shocked.

Man : "You have ten working days to decide whether or not to defend the divorce." He walks back to his car that is parked outside the yard. MaBhulose bangs the door closed and goes to the lounge to get her phone.

MaBhulose : "Ya, he did exactly what we were talking about."

Man : "What?!"

MaBhulose : "Yes, as we speak i'm sitting with the divorce papers infront of me. There is also a notice of eviction, I guess our plan is working."

Man : "Why did you even keep it a secret that that house is yours?"

MaBhulose : "And ruin the fun?! oh no no no honey"

Man : "Zamekile." he says calmly.

MaBhulose : "No Bhungane. That man was ready to humiliate me by leaving me all high and dry while he's living the best life in Umhlanga with that woman of his!"

Man : "Calm down Zame."

MaBhulose : "On top of it all, he wants to just continue with his life after ruining mine and killing my daughters. I am a bad mother today, all because of him and his toxicity."

Man : "Don't worry, I will deal with him."

MaBhulose : "I don't even know where my babygirl is! And she's all that i have." she says crying.

________________
SOMEWHERE IN DURBAN

MaNdaba snr : "MaKhuluse, What is wrong? You haven't been okay?"

MaKhuluse : "My past has come back to haunt me mlingani." MaNdaba frowns

MaNdaba snr : "Do you want to talk about it?"

MaKhuluse : "Ey Sbahle. Before I married my husband, I had been involved with this man. We were together for a short while and uhm... I fell pregnant with a girl. My mother was there to support me and helped me raise her until she was almost a teen girl then I met Gatsheni. Gatsheni wanted to marry me but with a condition that I leave my child behind." she says with tears blinding her.

MaNdaba snr : "Oh kodwa Ntombi. Where is she then?"

MaKhuluse : "I'm not even going to lie. After I married my husband, I never looked back because I thought I was better than them. After a few years, I went there to check on them but I found distant relatives occupying the house. They told me that my mom had passed on and my daughter was taken to an orphanage. I was so heartbroken. I tried everything finding her but nothing."

MaNdaba snr : "Oh i'm sorry mlingani. I will get my son to help find her."

MaKhuluse : "It's no better now because what use will i be to her now?!"

MaNdaba snr : "Don't speak lie that."

NaKhuluse : "Khanyisile kind of reminds me of her, you know."