66

NARRATED

Nqubeko was about to leave for Durban where he was supposed to meet with Nqobani. He was getting ready

Nqubeko: "Sthandwa sami, I promise you. I will be back soon and nothing will happen to me." he says comforting a crying Milile.

Milile: "Please be careful Nqubeko."

Nqubeko: "I will be baby." He hugs her tightly and kisses her lips.

Milile: "I love you."

Nqubeko: "I love you too baby. Now walk me to the car." they both walk out , they meet Mntungwa by his hut.

Mntungwa: "Don't worry my child, nothing will happen to him." he says to an emotional Milile. He then leads Nqubeko in his hut while MaKhumalo leads Milile inside the house.

Inside the hut, Mntungwa gives Nqubeko some herbs to consume and some holy water that he had prayed for.

Mntungwa: "Also take this, make sure you stab him in the neck and he will be defeated."

Nqubeko: "Okay" he respond nervously.

Mntungwa: "You better get rid of that fear because he will feed on it."

Nqubeko: "Yebo baba. Sengiyindlela."

Mntungwa: "Okay. Don't worry about umakoti, she will be fine here and her father will be here soon to get her."

Nqubeko: "Can I say goodbye to her."

Mntungwa: "No, we don't want anything going wrong."

_____________
He arrived in Nqobani's house just as the sun had risen. Nqobani opens for his brother looking very unkept and scruffy.

Nqubeko: "What's going on with you?" he asked as they walked inside his house.

Nqobani: "I am just going through my sh*t plus the guilt of shooting our younger brother is eating me up."

Nqubeko: "As it should. Why did you shoot him even? for telling me the truth?" he asked trying to act calm and normal as possible.

Nqobani: "Don't tell me you believed him? You know that he was once an addict so obviously he would do anything to come between us."

Nqubeko: "Why would he lie though beca we all have the same bond as brothers?"

Nqobani: "Okay maybe he wasn't lying but bafo you know how our father is. He is always so conniving and manipulative..."Nqobani's phone rings disturbing them both,

Nqobani: "It's Ndamase."

Nqubeko: "Don't answer. You will get back to him after we finished talking." He takes the phone from him and switches it off.

Nqubeko: "Now tell me everything."

Nqobani: "Ndamase killed your father so he could create me using his soul and because he wanted everything your father owned.."

Nqubeko: "You mean our father?"

Nqobani: "I am not your twin, we mot even brothers. I am just a slave for Ndamase and he wanted to use me in the open so he suggested that they create isithombe sakho. That is why we are so identical because I am a copy of you."

Nqubeko: "What?"

Nqobani: "Nasi is actually your daughter, not mines. MaShezi killed your mother because of jealousy and greed, she is not your mother."

Nqubeko: "Is that why we don't have any connection with the Ndamase extended family?"

Nqobani: "Yes. Even your mother's family doesn't know of your existence. KaMapholoba is also in the dark about everything just like you. Yena her kids were also sacrificed with. If you ask her about your birth, she will tell you how they were excluded and only got to see you when your father came home with you alone. After a few years, I was introduced too.."

Nqubeko: "And how am I supposed to believe you? and if you telling me the truth?"

Nqobani: "Because I am really tired and I know even if I fight you now, I will never succeed. They told us. They told us about how we will never defeat you once you learn the truth."

Nqubeko: "Mmh"

Nqobani: "I also killed MaShezi a few days back so Ndamase is probably facing his own downfall as we speak."

Ndamase: "Not as yet." he said walking through the door. They both turn to him, standing side by side.

Nqobani: "When did you get here?"

Ndamase: "I have been trying to call you you idiot!! I told you that you only take orders from me!"

Nqobani: "I was going to get back to you."

Ndamase: "Futsekk!!!! You stupid man!! He is only here to kill you and your spirit as a whole and if you answered my call, you would have known!"

Nqobani: "What?!" he whispered as his eyes started turning black. Nqubeko turned so quickly with the needle in hand and stabbed his neck, stabbing through a vein. He yanked the needle out and stabbed him again making his blood spurt out and left it on his neck as he gasped for air. As he turned to Ndamase with a satisfied smile, Ndamase fired to shots at him aiming for his chest and stomach.

Ndamase: "Hope you rest in peace! Nx." he said then walked out.