36

#NARRATED

AT THE NDABA HOUSEHOLD

MaNdaba jnr : "Baby, can we talk?"

Ndaba : "About what Zamo?! These kids want to kill me seriously!! Ungasho nje ukuthi baphi ngalesiskhathi?!"

MaNdaba jnr : "Baby, don't worry about that."

Ndaba : "I cannot not worry mnkami. They are my little girls, my only girls for that matter and if anything happens to them where will i get other daughters?!" His wife sighs.

MaNdaba jnr : "Okay, I told them to stay out for the night because I wanted us to have the night to ourselves."

Ndaba : "Then why did you let me worry this much!?!"

MaNdaba jnr : "Calm down. I have thought about ny decision regarding our marriage." Ndaba looks at her shocked.

Ndaba : "I thought we were okay now."

MaNdaba jnr : "Come sit next to me." she pats the space next to her. He joins her

MaNdaba : "Okay. I want you to take Zamekile as your second wife."

Ndaba : "Angizwanga?!" (Excuse me?!) He asks standing up looking at her intensely.

MaNdaba jnr : "Take my sister as your second wife."

Ndaba : "I will blame what you just said on your pregnancy hormones."

MaNdaba jnr : "I am serious lana Ndaba!" she slightly shouts.

Ndaba : "Not to be rude but why now?!"

MaNdaba jnr : "Because I know and I've seen how you look at her. You still love her Ndaba and there is absolutely nothing i can do to stop you from going back to her, EVER! So to make things easier, just marry her and make her your wife."

Ndaba : "I am not there anymore. Maybe if you proposed this earlier, I would've jumped but now? No that woman hurt me."

MaNdaba jnr : "Stop denying this because we both know you still love her. I know i don't want to be another man besides you so you can take her as a second wife, maybe that will also stop you from hurting me constantly by cheating on me with her."

Ndaba : "Excuse me please." he walks out grabbing his keys on the table. He finds himself infront of Zamekile's gate. He opens the small gate and lets himself in. He knocks on the door. Zamekile stands before him after opening the door.

Zamekile : "Menzi." she says sounding shocked and nervous.

Ndaba : "Can I come in?"

Zamekile : "uhm yeah, come in." she moves aside for him to enter then closes the door behind him. Ndaba gets to the lounge and notices the rope, rat poison and a chair. The couches are moved back and look out of place.

Ndaba : "Zamekile." he says in a stern voice looking at her

Zamekile : "Mmnh"

Ndaba : "What were you trying to do?! Ubuzamani?! What is this?!" he aks in a chilly voice.

Zamekile : "You weren't supposed to be here in the first place. Nobody..."

Ndaba : "SHUT UP! You wanted to kill yourself?! Just like that?! What about our daughter?! Huh?! After what you made her go through growing up, you want to add this on top of it all?!"

Zamekile : "I talked to my daughter, she is really okay with you and her stepmom.."

Ndaba : "Kusho bani?" (Says who?) he asks with a scary frown.

Zamekile : "I seriously cannot cope anymore and this is the only way i can stop it all."

Ndaba : "What ever happened to therapy?! Mental institutions?!"

Zamekile : "I'm not crazy!"

Ndaba : "You just proved that you are since you attempted suicide. Go pack your bags, we going to my house."

Zamekile : "I'm not going anywhere with you mina!" His frown after her sentence makes her walk to her room to pack leaving him calling his wife and explaining the situation, his wife agrees.

Ndaba : "Wait, did you consume that?" he asks pointing at the rat poison after she came back with her bag.

Zamekile : "No it's still sealed." He clicks his tongue and leads her out of the house after he went to flush the poison into the toilet.