10

Milile pov :

Me : "Yebo." I responded in my wavy quiet voice.

Dad : "Yah. You are getting married infact you have been married since the age of 8."

Me : "Pardon?" I seriously feel like my ears are buzzing right now.

Dad : "Yes. You married to Sanele." he leans back on his couch.

Me : "Who's that? which Sanele?"

Dad : "Right next to my mother." he says pointing at my brother.

Me : "Is this a prank?" I chuckle nervously.

Dad : "Not at all. Sanele is your husband."

Me : "That's abomination! He is my brother for fu...christ's sake!"

Dad : "Your mother was the one who offered you as a bride to my son. Tell her the truth Zamekile." Mom sniffs. I can feel my body shaking out of anger as I roll a fist and bite my hand trying to control it.

Mom : "I'm sorry Milile mntanam. Bheki isn't your father and Sanele is not your brother. You are a Bhulose because I married you to Sanele so that our businesses can grow and be within our family."

Me : "Well i'm not your family, am i?"

Mom : "You are my child. Bheki raised you.."

Me : "He's never raised me mama! He tolerated me but not that much. I now understand his hate towards me."

Mom : "This will secure you and your future together with your future kids." I chuckle sarcastically and bite my tongue hard until I taste blood. I wanted to ask 'the same one you killed?' but i keep my mouth shut. I look around at everyone.

Gogo Bhulose : "Just accept the damn thing! We raised you even though you were not ours to raise but we did and marrying our son is the least you can do to show appreciation." I ignore this old hag and turn my eyes to my suddenly quiet brother.

Me : "Bhuti , you knew about this?"

Bhuti : "Yes Lily. I love you mina. I knew from the time I started highschool so I'm prepared now."

Me : "What if I don't want all this?"

Dad : "Then you leave my house." he walks out followed by everyone else besides mom. She roughly turns me to face her holding my jaws painfully. I try yanking her hand off but she slaps me.

Mom : "Why would you even suggest the nonsense you suggested?! I did all that for you! looking out for you man! Stop being an idiot and toughen man sies!!"

Me : "Why do you hate me this much?"

Mom : "I don't hate you! I am looking out for you. Do you want to go out there and live on the streets leaving all this luxury behind?!"

Me : "I DON'T CARE ABOUT ALL THIS!!!" I say sternly.

Mom : "Don't be stupid wena ntombazane!"

Me : "Who's my father?!" she swallows

Mom : "Leave affairs that don't concern you and focus on officiating your marriage with Sanele!" she says coldly.

Me : "I hate you! I hate you with every fibre of my being." I say spitting the words out from my guts.

Mom : 'Don't talk like that Milly." I walk out leaving her like that.

______________
I wake up in the middle of the night to go get myself a glass of water so I can take my medication. My body is still in pain. Walking through the passage I hear mom and dad arguing. Why am I still calling them that?Argh!

Bhulose : "Uyabona ke? Lelihlongandlebe lakho seliqala ukuveza ikhanda likayihlo."

Ma : "Calm down Bhulose baba, please."

Bhulose : "Ey! Ngakutshela ngathi shiya lento kuma-Orphanage noma kusona lesasilima esuNdaba! Awazi kona wawufeba ufebani?! Nxh uyang'nyanyisa nawe." (I long told you to leave your illegitimate child in an orphanage or with that idiot Ndaba! I don't know why you were even cheating?! *clicks tongue* You disgust me!).

Ma : "Again, I'm sorry Bhulose. I forgave you for Sanele yet you still give me grief about Milile?! Stop being unfair."

Bhulose : "I'm a man, you old enough to know that men aren't always in one place!"

Ma : "...."

Bhulose : "Get your daughter in check or else she better leave my house!" I just move quietly to the kitchen then back to my room.