61

NARRATED

Nqubeko's House

They both had just taken their night bath together and were now preparing for bed.

Milile: "You really didn't have to wash that Nqubeko."

Nqubeko: "why?"

Milile: "Because... it's nasty and my dirt."

Nqubeko: "No that wasn't dirt. You still bleeding because we lost our child. I cleaned up because it's just blood babe hawu. I love you too much."

Milile: "Yoh okay!"

Nqubeko: "And it's not nasty." he pulls her to him and kisses her.

Milile: "I love you."

Nqubeko: "I love you baby. I'm coming back just now. I just want to talk to Bandi first."

Milile: "Okay, bring me a snack."

Nqubeko: "What snack when you have me? habe!" he asked dramatically and walked out leaving her laughing.

****
He knocks on his small brother's door and walks in. He finds him staring into space looking deep in thoughts.

Nqubeko: "Hey." Bandile quickly wipes his eyes then turns to his brother.

Bandile: "Ola bafo. See how good this trackpants looks on me?!" he says smiling mischievously.

Nqubeko: "No, Don't do that. Stop trying to hide under your lame jokes."

Bandile: "Okay fine but my jokes aren't lame nx!" Nqubeko laughs settling next to him.

Nqubeko: "Talk to me bafo. What is going on?"

Bandile: "The day I had went to see makoti in the hospital, on my way home I passed by Nqoba's place. I found him on the phone with our father. They were talking about how they shouldn't worry about whatever they were talking about since you have lost your child..."

Nqubeko: "so you saying, he knew by then?"

Bandile: "Shut up and listen to me. Nqoba continued and suggested that he will get that skinny b*tch ex of yours to come knocking on your door and claim to have a child with you. He further went on about how that would make you welcome her in your home and it will break you and makoti up..."

Nqubeko: "wait what?"

Bandile: "wait.." he takes out his cracked phone and presses it a few times then an audio plays.

Bandile: "This is his side of the conversation." he tells Nqubeko who looks shocked and angry.

Nqubeko: "So him and his father were the ones wishing for my baby to die?! But why? what did I do to them?"

Bandile: "He then hit me with a pot plant, I walked away but unfortunately I collapsed and i guess that's how he got to hold me hostage."

Nqubeko: "He held you hostage?!"

Bandile: "But you know he's not so smart so i was able to fool him and i escaped."

Nqubeko: "I can't believe this!"

Bandile: "I'm not done, so while I was held hostage; Nqobani confessed that he has bipolar or something like that. He wasn't taking his medication so that is what's making him crazy even now. He was so determined that he was going to kill me because he even started telling me certain things nje. Things like, they were responsible for your infertility. He said they actually were sacrificing with it for his health so he would seem..." Nqobani barges in and shoots Bandile on his stomach.

Nqubeko: "Voetsek Nqobani yezwa?!!!? He screams and kicks his hand making him lose the gun.

Nqubeko: "Why the f*ck would you shoot our little brother ?!"

Nqobani: "Because he's involving himself in matters that don't concern him! He flippen has no right!!" he screams.

Milile: "Ahhh!" she screams when she enters the room and notices Bandile bleeding on his bed.

Nqubeko: "Baby. Calm down."

Milile : "He needs the hospital Nqubeko!" Nqubeko then rushes to his brother, scoops him up and rushes to the car with Milile right behind him.