53

Milile pov:

Nqubeko left earlier to see his family off as they were travelling back to the Eastern Cape. I didn't even know he's from Eastern Cape. His house help is here today, she's on duty.

I was busy on my laptop sitting on the kitchen counter chairs. His helper walks in

Helper : "Hi my girl."

Me : "Hi." I greet her back with a small smile.

Helper : "I'm really sorry for my behaviour towards since the day you came here. It's just that I take uNqubeko as my son and so I thought maybe you would be one of the girls that always play him."

Me : "Mmhm." I give her a fake smile then get back to my laptop screen in front of me.

Helper : "I'm really sorry."

Me : "It's fine."

Helper : "I'm MaMbatha by the way."

Me : "I'm Milile." she smiles and hugs me.

****
Later on Nqubeko comes back looking exhausted. He finds me and MaMbatha talking and laughing. He greets then kisses me making me blush.

Nqubeko : "I missed you guys so much sthandwa sami." He plants a soft kiss on my neck and shoulder.

Me : "I missed you too papa." he smiles and kisses me again.

MaMbatha : "Okay lovebirds. I am going now, I baked some goodies for you two. Nqubeko, cook for umakoti." she says smiling at us. She finally leaves, Nqubeko immediately starts kissing me and lifts me up in his arms before he walks to the bedroom with me in his arms. He lays me on the bed gently...

__________
Later in the evening, I'm woken up by mild pains around my abdomen. They are so sharp and piercing, I immediately pinch Nqubeko to wake up

Nqubeko : "What's wrong baby?"

Me : "I'm in pain Nqubeko. My intestines feel like they are burning." I say now crying. He jumps off the bed and gets dressed then he puts his hand inbetween my legs then takes it out and checks it.

Nqubeko : "No bleeding. Okay, good." He dresses me up and rushes to his car. When we get to the hospital, i'm immediately attended to. I guess it's because this is a private hospital. The doctor checks me out

Doctor : "Everything is fine with her, it was just her womb expanding to accommodate your little one."

The drive back to his house is silent with just music playing softly. He drives past Debonairs for some pizza. When we get home, we cuddle on the couch silently while early our pizza and watching a movie.

Nqubeko : "I love you." He kisses me

Me : "I love you too. I was so scared baby." he kisses my forehead and wipes my tears.

Nqubeko : "Don't worry, I got you baby." A knock comes through then the door opens MaShezi walks in

MaShezi : "Hey babies." She comes to hug us then sits opposite us.

Us : "Hey mah/mom."

MaShezi : "I'm not staying. I just came to drop off something for makoti, it's good that I found you here." She takes out a small packet in her bag then takes out some pearl band, it's big

MaShezi : "This is for you makoti. It is a waist band for protection. You know evil spirits always target pregnant women so in order to keep you and my grandbaby safe, please wear this. Some ever take it off."

Nqubeko : "But mah, isn't there something else? this?! It might just get me in trouble with Mr Ndaba."

MaShezi : "I was just looking out for you guys. Anyway, my friend is waiting outside. I have to leave." she kisses my cheek then rushes out.

Nqubeko : "Do you want to wear them? Are you comfortable with them?" I shrug.

Me : "She did say it's for protection right?" he sighs nodding then helps me wear them.