17

Milile pov :

I woke up today in a good mood and decided to clean very early so I can surf through the net for some job vacancies. I make myself some food then sit and as i'm about to eat, a knock disturbs me. I place my plate on the table and attend to the door.

Man : "Sawubona" I nod just staring at him.

Man : "I mean no harm, can i please talk to you."

Me : "You can say whatever you want to say right here and now."

Man : "okay, atleast can we maybe go to a nearby place where there's people?"

Me : "Why do you think I would agree to that?"

Man : "You a tough cookie neh?! I am Menziwa Ndaba.". Ndaba? okay.

Me : "uhm okay" I shrug.

Man : "I believe I am your biological father." he says after rubbing his hands together while blowing some air in them as if he's feeling cold.

Me : "What?" I whisper.

Man : "Can we please talk inside?" I let him in then leave the door open. I give him a chair to sit on then I sit on my bed.

Man : "Like I just said my child. Zamekile and I once had an affair which resulted in to you. After a few months you were conceived, Zamekile came to me claiming that she had a miscarriage. She even gave me her medical records that proved she had a miscarriage. I was still very much in love with her so I believed her but my mother kept on telling me not to trust her or that I maybe do my own research on the side. My brothers helped me with my investigation, I guess Zamekile was good with covering her tracks because we never found anything about you. We then performed a naming ceremony for you and she was there looking devastated, we agreed to name you Milile Khanyisile Ndaba." I am seriously not surprised by Zamekile's stories, that woman is a female version of the devil.

Me : "Then how did you find me now? and how sure are you that I am really yours?"

Man : "My daughter actually found you, she secretly did a DNA test between us. She basically stole both our DNAs and tested them." I huff.

Me : "Why would she even..."

Man : "Now I believe her. You look exactly like my mother and my late daughter." I look down playing with my hands.

Man : "I am really sorry to ambush you like this and I promise to make it up to you. I also would like it if we went home together... well visit if you don't mind."

Me : "I can visit, it's fine. You married?"

Man : "Yes, I am."

Me : "Mmhm." He stares at me for some time then looks down rubbing his eyes before he sniffs wiping his face then looks up again.

Man : "Can I get a hug?" I nod then hug him. He hugs me so tightly and starts crying softly. I only hear sniffles.

Me : "It's okay." he finally breaks the hug and wipes jis face. He sits on the chair again.

Man : "Can we please leave together today?"

Me : "Uhhhm..."

Man : "Please? I promise you the best hospitality ever." I huff.

Me : "Fine. Let me pack." I go to my wardrobe and grab my backpack then pack a few things. I turn to him and find him finishing my food.

Man : "I'm sorry but this was good. You cooked?"

Me : "Yes."

Man : "Tonight you cooking for me."

Me : "You just promised me good hospitality nje." he chuckles.

Man : "Ay let's go."