23

NARRATED

Sanele : "She signed everything baba."

Bhulose : "Really? She didn't try fighting?!" He asked feeling somehow bruised by his wife... oh ex-wife Zamekile.

Sanele : "She signed everything."

Bhulose : "Was the house repossessed then?!"

Sanele : "No, apparently the house has a owner who lives abroad."

Bhulose : "So you telling me, I've been renting all this while?"

Sanele : "Yes."

Bhulose : "Okay look, I will call you son there's someone at the door." He hangs up and goes to attend the door. Ntshapa budges in pushing him aside while at it.

Bhulose : "Is eve okay my friend?"

Ntshapa : "Friend?! Me?! Your friend!? Tell me weBhulose, what game are you playing at?!? huh?!! You think i'm an idiot?!"

Bhulose : "What are you talking about?!" Ntshapa pulls out his gun and points it at Bhulose looking furious.

Bhulose : "Ntshapa! Let's talk about this man!! Stop this!?" He shouts

Ntshapa : "You made me an idiot! You ate my money for nothing!?! Pretending as if that trucking company was yours!!?!"

Bhulose : "What? It is mine." he says in a low tone.

Ntshapa : "You flippen sold the company without letting me know and now whoever the f&ck you sold the company to has threatened to buy me out as a shareholder and if I refuse I will be exposed!!?!"

Bhulose : "I seriously don't know where you got all that because that company is mine!!" He says confidently going to answer the door. He is met by two police officers

Officer1 : "Greetings Sir. We are looking for a Mr Bhulose."

Bhulose : "That's me officer."

Officer 2 : "You are under arrest for Larceny and the misuse of North Trucking Company...." The officer continues reading his rights to him. Ntshapa stands at the door just watching.

_______________

AT THE STATION

Officer : "You really have no chance of getting out of this one so start talking."

Bhulose : "Honestly, I don't understand how this happened cause that has been my company for over a decade."

Officer : "Clearly in your dreams because there is proof in front of you stating that the owner of the business has been the owner for the past 12 years and that is when the company was founded right?"

Bhulose : "Yes."

Officer : "Worst part of all this is that the judge is actually the one who pressed charges against you for Larceny."

Bhulose : "How?!"

Officer : "And there was some evidence brought forward of how you were using the company for Corporate crimes and it's not just one but four types of them."

Bhulose : "F$ck!!!!"

Officer : "I suggest you just come clean. By the way you will be serving a long sentence in prison. Minimum sentence is fifteen years so goodluck." He says, pats his shoulder then walks out.

_______________

Ntshapa : "Aw MaJobe." he greets Bhulose's pregnant partner who walked in right after the police car drove off.

MaJobe : "Aw niyaphila baba?" she asks smiling, placing the plastics on the table.

Ntshapa : "Ey not really. Your husband has been arrested just now." He narrates everything to MaJobe.

MaJobe : "What is going to happen to him?" she asks with tears streaming down her cheeks.

Ntshapa : "I really don't know nkosazana but I promise to be there for him and keep you updated. You cannot be going up and down court when you pregnant." He says sounding genuine making her smile.

MaJobe : "Thank you so much baba, that is so kind of you."