18

Milile pov:

I was kind of embarrassed when Ndaba introduced me to his younger brother who happens to be the same guy from Steers and apparently Lethi is my aunt, my uncle's wife.

Ndaba : "You still alright baby girl?" I smile and nod. He has been pestering and asking me the same question ever since we left my place.

Me : "Yebo."

Lethi : "Ay bhuti, leave the child. Kunini umubelesela." she says laughing with her husband. We were in a car from the airport to Ndaba's house.

Ndaba : "Ay let me be hawu!" the car parks infront of a very beautiful house. We all get off then walk to the gate. Ndaba punches in the code and the gate opens then we walk inside. The yard is very nice and spacious.

We find three women standing in the dining room including Mapule, the nurse. Mapule rushes to me and hugs me quite tightly while crying.

Mapule : "Oh sis! I'm so happy to see you." she says wiping her eyes.

Me : "Yeah and you very sneaky too." she giggles and kisses my cheek. She steps aside then the old woman comes closer to me. She holds me by my shoulders and looks at me withher glassy eyes

Old woman : "Khanyisile." she whispers smiling sadly.

Me : "Sawubona Gogo." she bursts into tears and hugs me while crying. Ndaba had to break our hug and take the woman away.

Lady : "Sawubona mntanam. I'm your mother, we don't use step what what in this house okay?! I am mom."

Me : "Yebo."

Lady : "Say it phela. Yebo mom."

Me : "Yebo mom." I say looking down. I hear her chuckle then she hugs me.

Lady : "I'm sorry baby, i'm kidding just a little bit. I'm not forcing you to call me that but I would really love it." she says pulling her lower lip out pouting and giving me a puppy face.

Mapule : "Yoh mama!" she says shaking her head.

Lady : "Tsek wena! Come this side." she says grabbing my hand and we walk to the table.

Sbonelo : "Sisi, you've forgotten about me njalo?!" he exclaims and everyone laughs.

Lethi : "me and you baby."

Sbonelo : "It's fine baby." he says faking sadness then kisses his wife making us all laugh.

___________

Ndaba : "Mind telling me the truth of why were you admitted in hospital twice in a space of a week?" he asks then sips on his glass of water. It was just the two of us sitting outside in the veranda while everyone.

Me : "My parents had married off my younger sister, I then moved to Cape Town with my older brother. I stayed for sometime in the Cape. I got raped one day by one of bhuti's friends. I kept quiet and never told anyone cause I knew they wouldn't believe me at all just like... uhm a few months down the line, I found out I was pregnant......" I continue narrating everything to him trying to keep it short. I am mess of tears and snot as I tell my story. Ndaba scoots closer to me and hugs me gently but tightly. He keeps brushing my back until i calm down. He wipes my face with his tshirt and kisses my forehead. His own eyes are reddish as if he was crying.

Ndaba : "I'm sorry baby girl. I promise to protect you more than anything in this world. I promise to be a good father to you. I'm not saying I won't make any mistakes but I will try not doing them intentionally. I will be the dad you never had. I love you so much baby girl."

Me : "Thank you."

Ndaba : "I will deal with all those bastards, I promise. You not going back to joburg to live alone while I'm this side."

Me : "But..."

Ndaba : "No, If you want privacy, there are two outside buildings and it is for both you and your older sister. You my baby, I won't let stay a 1000km from me." he's exaggerating now.

Me : "I hear you."

Ndaba : "Good. You also getting a job well after everything is sorted."

Me : "Okay." I whisper.

Ndaba : "Just hand me your cv and qualifications."

Me : "I only have matric. Bhulose never let me go to tertiary because he said he never had the money for that but Sandy did go to tertiary." I may have never mentioned this but it really broke my heart how Bhulose would refuse or make excuses for not doing certain things for me but he'd do them for Sandy especially the tertiary issue.

Ndaba : "You going back to school then."

Me : "Ok"