19

Milile pov:

It has been a week of receiving very warm and tremendous love at the Ndaba's. My father has been a great friend together with my sister. My stepmom and grandma have been very accommodating and loving. Uncle Sbonelo and Lethi left few days back.

Today, we were having a big dinner, apparently since my eldest uncle is coming home after being in overseas for months so I will be meeting him for the first time and his son who lives in the Western Cape.

Ndaba : "Girls. Please make your baba some food." he says throwing himself on the couch.

MaNdaba jnr : "Not on my couch Ndaba!" she says walking in with a tray. Ndaba sits up properly

Ndaba : "Hawu ngiyabonga sthandwa sami." (Oh thank you my love) He says smiling then they kiss.

Mapule : "Mom! Dad!" she groans annoyed, I laugh at her.

MaNdaba jnr : "Find your own man sisi!!!"

Mapule : "Really?" she asks excitedly. Ndaba frowns

Ndaba : "NO! Aybo!" we laugh at him.

MaNdaba jnr : "The family will be here in two hours. My mom and siblings are also coming. If you ever feel uncomfortable baby tell me okay?" I nod smiling.

Ndaba : "We are your parents so our job is to make sure you both girls are safe and comfortable especially in your own home. Okay?"

Mapule : "Yes baba."

Ndaba : "Khanyisile?"  I smile and nod.

Me : "Yebo."

Ndaba : "Yebo bani?"

Me : "Yebo baba" He nods and continues eating his food.

Mapule : "Babah....can you please lend us your card for a small shopping nyana with Khanyi?" He glances at the both of us and we both smile innocently at him, he sighs then takes it out of his wallet and hands it to us.

Us : "Thank you baba!!"

MaNdaba jnr : "Just be back fast and bring me something nice." we nod then rush out to Mapule's car.

_____________

MaNdaba jnr : "Y'all are late! I told y'all to get here before everyone gets here!" she scolds us.

Mapule : "Mah, chill. We here now!"

Me : "We sorry mah, we lost track of time."

MaNdaba jnr : "Mapule take your bags to your room. I want to introduce Khanyi." she says grabbing my hand. We walk to the lounge where it's full of people, I guess it's the family. I look down at my feet when MaNdaba starts talking

MaNdaba jnr : "People. This is Khanyisile, our daughter. Khanyi baby, these are your aunts, uncles, brothers and your grandparents. They will introduce themselves."

MaNdaba snr : "Come to me sthombe sami." (My image) that's what she calls me, her image since we look alike.

Old woman : "Haibo Gezekile, she's you nje straight!" she also stretches her hand to me, I take it and she makes me sit on her thighs.

Old woman : "Sawubona sthandwa sami. You look so beautiful. I am MaKhuluse, your other grandma." I smile nodding. She then hugs me.

Me : "It's nice to meet you Gogo." she kisses my cheek smiling. I'm then made to go around hugging and greeting everyone.

Babomdala : "I am Babo okay?" I nod.

Me : "Yebo."

Babo : "Tomorrow you spending the day with me." I nod.

MaNdaba jnr : "Is Lani coming?"

Babo : "Yes, he will be here shortly."

"Molweniii !!!" a voice screams then a face I didn't expect to see comes into view. Jabu. I start feeling my breath shorten, my heart beats faster and i'm sweating. Babo squeezes my shoulder

Babo : "Baby girl. What's wrong?" he asks calmly. I start hyperventilating then everything becomes blank.

**************
I wake up later on and I'm met by Mapule's worried face. I look around and notice that we in the parents bedroom.

Me : "Pule." she quickly turns to me and squeals then plants kisses all over my face.

Me : "Okay phela!" she giggles.

Mapule : "I'm sorry. I was just so worried, what happened back there?"

Me : "Can you please call baba for me first." she nods and walks to the door, the door opens before she could open it. The parents walk in

Ndaba : "Baby girl. What's wrong? What happened?"

Me : "I saw Jabu and everything came back." I say looking into his eyes then I play with my fingers. He seems to be thinking then frowns deeply

Ndaba : "You mean he's the one who ..?" I nod

Me : "Yes, that's bhuti's friend."

Ndaba : "Nxx, uyanginyela lomfana." he clicks his tongue then walks out.

MaNdaba jnr : "You okay baby?" she brushes my forehead after sitting next to me on the bed.