63

Milile pov:

I was woken up by MaKhumalo's knock in the morning, Nqubeko wasn't next to me. I checked the time and it was midnight, the clock read 02:55am. I opened for her and she handed me an apron dress (iphinifa). She instructed me to get naked and cover up with it and I did. She walked me to another rondavel where we met Nqubeko by the door. He took my hand, thanked MaKhumalo and led me inside. Mntungwa was in his traditional healer wear

Mntungwa: "We will start by burning incense then we will walk to the river." I was still feeling sleepy and couldn really react sametime. He burned the incense and spoke then asked us to say a few words. He then gave us full jug of pink water, he instructed us to finish it so when we finished we walked to the river. MaKhumalo was with us, we were all quiet just listening to Mntungwa's prayers.

We finally reached the river, we were instructed to get naked then kneel right before the river. He placed small buckets in front of us and instructed us to puke the water we had drank. We both puked, I almost screamed crying when two small plastic balls came out of Nqubeko as he puked amd fainted afterwards.

Mntungwa: "Don't worry about him, continue puking yourself. You also have to cleanse." So I went back to my own task.

After the puking, the buckets were placed on the side and we were now to be bathed. MaKhumalo was to wash me while Mntungwa washed Nqubeko. They both were washing our bodies while praying, I could feel weight being lifted off my shoulders really.

When we finished with the washing, Mntungwa burnt some herb substance that smelled really strong and bad, he put in the small buckets that had our pukes then threw it inside the river. He then instructed us to walk back to our designated hut and not look back. Nqubeko held my hand and we walked back in front until we made it inside our hut. Our bodies were dry. now so we just got in bed and cuddled.

Nqubeko: "I love you."

Me: "I love you too." I kissed him then snuggled in his chest until sleep comsumed me.

_________

The next morning we woke up pretty late, well I did. Nqubeko brought me bathing water, they had some herbs. I bathed, got dressed then we went to the main house.

MaKhumalo: "Ah you will get used to everything my baby. Sit and let me get your food." she said brushing my shoulder after I sat next to her. She disappeared to the kitchen then came back and handed me a plate of full farm breakfast.

Mntungwa: "You will need the energy." he said smiling softly at me.

Thandazile: "I will help her." I wondered what is it that I will need help with.

Nqubeko: "What will she be doing if I may ask?"

MaKhumalo: "Nothing hectic, just gathering woods fornthe fire and start the fire for cooking the meat for tomorrow." What?! I didn't know that nor signup for that.

Nqubeko: "ohh"

After eating, Thanda really accompanied me to the bushes where we gathered the woods then carried them on our heads back to her home. I really couldn't wait for all this to be over because I was already exhausted. When we reached the yard, MaKhumalo was already waiting for us

MaKhumalo: "Go to the consulting rondavel, I will start the fire for you." I nodded and thanked her. In the rondavel was just Mntungwa and my man. I sat next to my man

Mntungwa: "Earlier, we were cleansing you both for both your miscarriages my child." he said looking at me.

Me: "Uhm but uNqubeko didn't impregnate me the first time.."

Mntungwa: "I know everything, he had already taken responsibility for both kids ny daughter." I turn to Nqubeko who just smiles at me.

Me: "Thank you." he kissed my head then turned to Mntungwa. The baby clothes were already layed on the floor next to the burning candles and incense.

Mntungwa: "Your first child was a girl and the second one was a boy." I feel tears build up, Nqubeko just pulls me to him.

Mntungwa: "You now can name them both and talk to them. Tell them you now setting them free and want them to be good angels." Nqubeko did all the talking since I was overly emotional.

******
Mntungwa: "Drink this, it will make you take a number of trips to the toilet but it's for your own good. We have to get rid of this snake." I nod and drink this bitter medicine.

Mntungwa: "The beads. They could have helped you because they for protection from evil spirits anyway but since they were from someone who is not so genuine and pure, they then became tainted by her darkness."

Nqubeko: "We hear baba."

Mntungwa: "Yout stomach will feel like it's burning and very intense but it's actually the snake fighting against that medicine I just gave you." I nod feeling my tummy rumbling.