38

NARRATED

AT NDABA's HOUSE

Ndaba : "Uhh Zamekile, can you please join me and my wife in my office. We would like to discuss something with you."

Zamekile : " Okay." she follows him to the office leaving the girls exchanging confused glances.

- IN THE OFFICE

Ndaba : "Zamo has sometimes to say."

Zamo : "Okay. Uhm Zame, I know how much my husband loves you and I can't keep running away from the truth because I will keep lying to myself."

Ndaba : "Baby..."

Zame : "Zamo.."

Zamo : "Shhhh... let me finish." They both nod and listen

Zamo : "Ndaba. You can deny it all you like but your eyes sparkle differently when Zame is in the room, like right now even your body posture is different." Ndaba clears his throat and leans back on the chair.

Zamo : "You both are in love with each other , y'all have this chemistry nje. Zame, I suggested that uNdaba takes you as his second wife." Zame chokes on her saliva and coughs until Ndaba offers her a glass of water.

Zame : "Zamo, I don't think that's a good idea. I have done so much damage and ruined people's lives. I am also still trying to get in my daughter's good books so I don't want anything that may jeopardise that. I may have whatever feelings for Menzi but that's where it shall end. Somethings are better off left buried Zamo." Ndaba looks at her as she talks and sighs lowly.

Zamo : "I hear you sisi but I was trying to let everyone be happy. I am going to talk to the kids."

Zame : "No sis, I can't."

Zamo : "Atleast give it some thought then."

Zame : "I will think about it and you will get your answer after I've been discharged from the retreat centre."

Zamo : "No problem." they both stand up and hug before Zamekile walks out of the office leaving Ndaba and his wife.

Ndaba : "What are you really trying to do MakaPule?" he asks frustratedly

Zamo : "Don't be mad baby. I want my husband to be happy."

Ndaba : "I never said I was unhappy Zamo! And I don't like this thing of yours saying I love that woman! If i do then why are you here?!"

Zamo : "Baby, I'm not saying you don't love me. You love me but you not in love with me. Look me in the eye right now and tell me you in love with me."  They stare at each other's eyes until Ndaba breaks the stare.

Zamo : "I'm not mad about it baby. I have actually healed myself and made peace with that. I love you and I have the best interests at heart for you even if those interests include you marrying my sister. Because I love you, I will support that."  Ndaba sighs.

Ndaba : "I want you to understand that even though i may be in love with Zamekile but I do not want her in my life like that. It's enough that we forgave her and let her back in our lives for Milile mostly but I don't want her as my wife. I love you. I married you because you the woman I love and you the only woman I would like to spend my life with. If I wanted a polygamous marriage, I would've been clear of my intentions before I even married you. You are enough for me, don't doubt my love for you. And don't let your insecurities drive you to do something that will later cause you pain. MaKhuluse, you come and talk to me if sekunezinkinga. I don't ever want to hear anything like this, am I clear?" She nods laying her head on his shoulder.