2. 𝐄𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲

Aadya's POV

I stood in front of my company building and looked up at it, standing high among the other big brands, making a name for itself, growing and glowing with each passing day and getting recognised as a global brand. I took a moment to feel proud of myself and my best friend for making this happen in such a short time.

"It's still unbelievable, isn't it?", a voice said from behind me and it didn't take me another moment to realise who it belonged to. It was my best friend Advika Singh.

Today when I look back and remember those sleepless nights, frustrating and disappointing loses but still the flame to make things happen was always there, the passion to make a name for ourselves in this world instead of surviving on our families name was always there, the urge to prove ourselves the best in what we did stayed and all of that lead to this company being on the top.

"Let's go, staring at the building won't get your dream project successful", we chuckled at the same time and went inside.

We walked inside and the receptionist (Priya) greeted us. I smiled back at her and moved towards the elevator. I pressed the button to the twenty second floor for myself while for Advika, it was the twentieth floor. Advika worked in the interior designing department while I handled the Fashion designing one. Our floors were different.

"You know Ekaksh Bhai is coming back to India. And he even mentioned there is some surprise for us", I told her

"That's great. Also, it's been days since he last visited. What's the surprise, any idea?", she asked

"If I knew, it wouldn't be a surprise", I sarcastically threw a sweet smile her way and she hit me in the arm.

We both chuckled and the door pinged open revealing a breathless Shourya (assistant) in front.

"Woah dude, what happened? Were you and Aashika making out, huh?" I smirked at him.

Even though he was my assistant, Ika and Him were very close friends.

"Yeah, sure. There is an emergency. I ran all the way down here to tell you this", he said, catching air to breathe.

"I was coming upstairs. You could have waited for a minute", realisation drew on him and he looked at me as if he saw a ghost. I couldn't control my laugh seeing his face.

"Your dream project is on the verge of being snatched away and you are joking?", that has all my attention.

"What the fuck do you mean by that? Dare not joke about it. You know how much it matters to me", I snapped at him

"The designs are stolen by HAZELs. The team is panicking. I came here to inform you of this", he said calmly.

Without wasting another moment, I closed the elevator door and tapped my feet against the floor to calm myself down. Ika and Shourya were always with me whispering sweet nothings which weren't helping shit. The door opened and I rushed to the designing team and saw everyone panicking.

"Ma'am our designs are stolen and we just have three days left for the fashion week. What should we do now?" Rehan, the head of the designing team, came forward and stated.

"How the fuck did the designs got to our rivals? Were our security systems tampered with? Did someone betray us? What the hell happened? I need a proper explanation. And I hope you all have a backup plan cause if there happens to be any problem with the fashion week, I am firing all of you and hiring a new set of employees", I banged my hand against the near desk.

"Aadya our security systems were not tampered with. I checked it and it was all fine. No loops, no glitches", Ika came from behind and informed me.

"So someone betrayed Us, This Company, Me", I glared at the employees and they shuddered, "Whoever it is, come ahead"

No response. All of them stayed glued to their places like statues.

"Tell me who did it and all I will do is fire you"

No response

"You are mistaken if you think I will leave you. I will find you, drag you from your little hole and make your life hell. Remember it"

Fear was clearly visible in their eyes and they still chose to stay quiet.

I turned around and left from there. I entered my office and the first thing I did was break the nearest vase to me. I threw the paperweight at the glass wall and papers here and there. I destroyed things in my office. I punched the glass wall of my office which made some of it prick my hands. Blood started dripping off my palm but I cared less. Rage was all I could feel.

I will destroy the person who was responsible for this.

"Aadya, Calm down. We will find some solution to this. Destroying things won't help", Ika rushed to me, preventing me from throwing another punch at the wall.

"How the fuck do you think we will find a solution. We have two days, only two fucking days. How do you think we will get new designs and new themes? It's not possible. We can't participate"

I could feel my lungs constricting. I won't be able to participate. My dream project will be shattered. All the hard work will go in vain. All the sleepless nights will be useless now. I couldn't get enough air to breathe. My vision started to cloud. My body started shaking. Sweat droplets formed on my forehead. Voices around me started to fade. I could feel another of my panic attacks rushing to me.

"Princess, take a deep breath in"

I breathed in hearing the command.

"Hold it in and now breathe out"

I followed the command

"Breathe In"
"Breathe Out"
"Breathe In"
"Breathe Out"
"Relax your shoulders"

Slowly, I relaxed. My vision cleared and so did the voices around me. I looked around to see Ekaksh Bhai on the screen. Ika face timed him. She knew only he could help me.

"It's okay princess. I know you will find a solution. I am always here for you"

"I know, Bhai. You should go to sleep now. It must be late there. Good Night"

"Good Night, Princess. Take care"

Before the screen went blank, I caught another little glimpse of Him. His blue eyes stared at me and I saw a hint of pain in them. Before I could overthink much I shook my head and focused on the tsunami that has come my way.

"So, what are we going to do?", Ika asked me

"I don't know what we will do but I know we will do something. We have to. We can't let this project slip off", I said with determination.

"I am not sure if this will help but remember we have some Ethnic designs which we made for another event, which we never used. I have confidence in them, I think that can be a blast", she suggested and this got me thinking about the designs.

It slipped my mind but she was right. The designs were great and they can be our backup. I hugged my best friend and called some of my most trusted people to discuss the new theme.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Chup Chup ke dilbar ka deedar kr,
Ae Dil tu aahista izhaar kr,
Saara ka saara na krna abhi se,
Aasan kiston mein tu pyaar kr 💗

How was the chapter?