37: THE WARNING

Tumlog vote ni krte still main besharmo jaise chapter daal deti 😔.

I literally want to write next chapters so much but when you guys don't vote, it becomes so demotivating that the will to write goes away. Please Vote. And jitna jaldi you will vote utna jaldi I will upload the next chapter.

Vote Target: 3.6k votes
Comment Target: 700+

I could feel my body shivering with fear

I could feel my body shivering with fear. I couldn't process anything. One minute, I was living my life, smiling and giggling with my love and the other moment, I was shivering in his arms. His warmth was the only thing that made me feel safe and protected. He held me against his chest, softly but firmly.

It was already morning but sleep was the last thing on my mind. The whole night, Rian stayed by my side, holding me against him. I slept for barely an hour when the nightmare came again. That's how we spent the whole night.

"It's okay, Dove. I am here for you. It will take time to heal and you have all the time in the world. Don't rush", that's what he said last night after I broke down in his arms.

I was feeling fine now. The memories were fading slowly. But the scar remained. A scar so deep, the pain still feels real.

Rian carefully caressed my back and hair.

"Are you feeling better, babe?"
"Mhmm"

"You want me to cook something for you?"
"Mhmm"

"You want me to pick you and take you with me to the kitchen?"
"Mhmm"

He slowly got up and kissed my forehead before carefully scooping me up in his arms. He carried me with him to the kitchen and made me sit on the kitchen counter.

"I will make some scrambled eggs quickly. You won't have to wait a lot", he said and went towards the refrigerator and took out some eggs and picked up a pan from a cabinet.

I was quietly admiring him while he professionally cooked the eggs. I fidgeted my fingers and swung my legs as I kept looking at him, lost in my thoughts. I don't know what I was thinking or wanted to think, all I could see in front of me was a never ending ocean whose waves rose and fell every now and then. It seemed as if the water wanted to drown me and take me with it to a land where no one visited. A land where it was only him and I. Where I could live freely and happily without having to think about Abhimaan or anyone else. Leaving this world behind and stepping into a whole new world filled with only happiness, dreams, love and life was something the waves promised.

But will it ever be enough?

Will this fear ever go away?

Will the painful scar heal?

The simple answer was no. Even if I leave everything and go somewhere with Rian and start a life with a new identity, it would be useless. The only way things will return to normal and we can have our happily ever after is after we destroy the cause of the pain. After we give the scar the medication it needs to heal. Without a fight, leaving everything is worthless.