36. THE FAMILY DINNER

Why do you all bash at me for not updating, when you don't vote?
I mean there is more point of updating if you don't like the chapters.
The views reach more than 25k but the vote does not even get to 3-3.5k.

Please vote if you like the chapter and I will give early updates. Click on the star button to vote 💖

Vote Target: 3.5k+ votes
Comment Target: 600+ comments to unlock next chapter

5k+ votesComment Target: 600+ comments to unlock next chapter

We were sitting on the sofa with the other family members. In the span of a few hours, I feel comfortable around them. Mrs Lily Wiliams is the owner of one of the leading makeup brands and the richest lady in New York. Her professionalism and precision is something to look upto and learn from. Even after being at the top, she is a kind soul. From the time I entered this mansion, she never for once made me feel even a little uncomfortable.

Mr Steve Williams is the one who started Williams Co. He took the company from nothing to everything. Even today after his retirement, his dedication towards what he does is clearly visible when he talks. He is firm and composed, just like Rian. Does not talk much but when he does, his words are influential.

Amelia is the sunshine of the family. Just like her mother, she is sweet and kind. Talks a lot but knows what she is saying. She respects people around her and makes them feel at home. Her extrovert attitude and sense of humour cheers you up almost immediately. She is no doubt the family's princess.

"And then you know Adrian would cry for hours and won't stop till you give him his favourite pastry", Mrs Williams words brought me back from my trance.

"Oh my god, really?? Rian you cried for pastries?" I teased him and he blushed a little before making an offended face.

"In my defence, I was a child and I had a sweet tooth. You can't blame a child", he said, trying to sound offended.

"Awww, aren't you such a cute baby? A baby who cries for pastries" I teased him further and pulled his cheeks.

"Tease all you want. Tomorrow when our baby will cry for pastries or something, tease him too", he said and huffed.

Blush coated my cheeks and I looked down at my lap. Suddenly, my fingernails looked so interesting to fidget with. My manicured nails, pink nail paint and even my long fingers looked so fun.

I could feel all the eyes on us and some teasing smiles and awkward chuckles. My heartbeat was racing and my cheeks were burning. Even though I did not apply any blush, I am sure I don't need any at this moment, keeping in mind the fact that his words did their job well. I heard Rian clearing his throat beside me but I couldn't gather the courage to look up at anyone to meet their eyes.

"I HAVE A BOYFRIEND", suddenly Amelia shouted, grabbing everyone's attention.

Rian and Mr Williams' expressions turned cold and stern all of a sudden while Mrs Williams just gasped.