3. 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫

Aadya's POV

We finally made things happen perfectly before the event and after that everything went smoothly. Our models were the best dressed and our designs were the best among all. The judges also gave the decision in our favour. I could see the envy in Rimi's eyes (CEO of HAZELs). Call me sadist but I enjoyed it.

This achievement opens new doors for our company. Many big investors invested in us and our company was given the award of the MOST PROMISING COMPANY of the year. I still can't believe everything fell into place correctly.

But, I won't be completely relieved unless and until I find the traitor and make their life hell.

Ika entered my office.

"You called?"

"Yes, I wanted to discuss the traitor. Do you suspect anyone? Anyone you think can be behind this?"

"I don't suspect anyone honestly. I don't understand why someone will do this. We even have no clue related to them. Do you suspect someone?"

"I don't. I have no idea who can do this. I can't believe someone has the audacity to go against us. But there has to be some loop. Some clues. Find out if someone from our staff met with anyone from HAZELs. If the meeting wasn't done in private then ask the security team to check the transaction history of our staff. If they find something suspicious, inform me", I explained it to her.

"Sounds good. You go home and relax. I will handle it here. If I find out anything, I will drop by", she said before going back to her office.

I left the company building and came home. I needed some time to relax so I went directly to my room and laid down on my bed. After three sleepless nights, I deserved a nap.

After three hours of giving myself some rest, I woke up by a knock on the door. I got up from bed, composed myself and opened the door. Ariv Bhai was standing outside with a tray with my favourite snack, dessert and juices in his hands. I eyed him suspiciously.

"What got into you? Is this for me?", I asked him confusingly

"Don't be a drama queen. I saw you working day and night for that project and you didn't even eat anything properly. I thought you could at least enjoy a meal", he casually shrugged and entered my room.

I chuckled at his playing hard to show he doesn't care a lot about me when he really does a lot. I went and sat beside him on the bed and started feasting on my favourite food, Maggie.

"So, how did everything go? I heard your designs were stolen", he enquired

"Yeah, someone betrayed us. We don't know who but we are working on it and I am positive to find the motherfu..."

"Language", he said sternly

"I mean the rat. I will find the person soon", I said, showing my teeth and taking another spoonful of Maggie, savouring the taste.

"Can I do something to help?" that got me thinking.

My brother owns a tech company, if anything he can definitely dig into this thing better than anyone.

"Sure, why not?"

I explained everything to him and he said he will tell me if he finds something. After that he kissed my forehead and left from there.

☆☆☆☆⁠☆☆⁠☆

"How would you want to explain what you did?", I asked the petite figure who was currently on her knees in the middle of the hallway, surrounded by all the staff of the company.

We found out the rat was none other than Shaisha, one of the designers who was working on the fashion week project. I dragged her to the first floor and gathered everyone to watch what I will do to her so they know better than to betray me. She was sitting on her knees, crying like the pathetic lowlife she is, begging for my forgiveness.

You messed with me and my dream, you will pay for it in the worst possible ways.

"Ma'am Rimi offered a very handsome amount to me to give her the designs. At first I denied her but then she trapped me into thinking what I can do with all the money and how it will make my life better. The money blinded me and I did what she asked. I couldn't think properly. I am sorry, ma'am", she sobbed further.

"How much did she pay you?", I interrogated further.

"2 Million Dollars"

"Where is the money?"

"It's in my office"

"Shourya bring it here"

Within a few minutes Shourya came with a black bag. I opened it and found bundles of cash in it. It fuelled my anger further.

"Distribute this among the poor", I handed the bag to him and told him off.

"But that's my money", Shaisha stood up and came near me. Anger took the best out of me and I slapped her.

"You don't have any fucking right to speak after what you did. Get back on your knees", she gritted her teeth but she knew better.

"What you did is not forgivable. You are fired. Leave before I kill you", the moment the words left my mouth, she stood and ran off.

I gave Shourya a look and he went with the bag of cash. I turned on my heels and went towards the elevator with Ika following me.

"You did not just leave her like that. She messed with your dream", she said as the door of the elevator closed.

"You don't think I will leave her, do you? I will make her life hell. I will make sure no company gives her a job. She doesn't have a place of her own to live, I will take away the rented apartment and won't let anyone take her in or give her a roof to live under. These are just the starters. Till the time, I am done with her, she will be left with only two options, either to commit or to fly somewhere far from this country without anything and never come back again", I threw a sinister smirk her way and she shook her head.

I agree I am going too far but she played a bet on my dream project and sold it, she deserves this. I am not a cruel person but my dream is my life. I don't let anyone mess with that.

"That's evil. But she deserves it. Well, I think we should go and celebrate now", she suggested and I agreed after all we do need a break.

We quickly packed our belongings from our respective offices and left the building. We went to the club my brother owned, HELLIIFE, and enjoyed the night partying.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

But I got smarter, I got harder in the nick of time
Honey, I rose up from the dead, I do it all the time
I got a list of names, and yours is in the red, underlined
I check it once, then I check it twice! Oh!
Oh! Look what you made me do 💋

How was the chapter?

Follow me on instagram for reels, spoilers and announcements. Link in bio