𝟒𝟔- 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Chapter-47 Ethereal is now available on ScrollStack. You can follow me there to never miss an update.
********************************************

Bhoolon kaise tujhe,
Tu to khayalon mein saath hai

Adrian's POV
(Two months after the pregnancy news)

I am surrounded by darkness from all the sides. My body is paralyzed and I cannot move even a bit. I move my eyes around to see if there is someone around me and that's when my gaze falls on a figure sitting beside me.

I look closely in hope to see her face but fails miserably. Her face is hidden by her long dark brown hair which is flowing a little here and there due to the wind. I try to move my hand in order to move the hair away from her face and look at it but my paralysis does not allow any movement from my side.

Suddenly, a droplet falls on my hand and my eyes snap to look at my hand. To my surprise, a few more droplets fall on my hand and I notice it's not just mere droplets but tears. I immediately stare back at her to find her sobbing. She brings her hands to her face and covers them, while her sobs fill the dark room. The urge to sit straight and pull her closer to my chest and console her takes over me but I cannot move myself one bit. I cannot even talk to her. The only thing I can do is, look at her crying and get hurt.

I don't know why her sobs are affecting me. In fact, I don't even know who she is. I have never met her in my entire life, so why does it hurt?

After a few minutes of sobbing, she wipes her tears and stands up. Is she leaving? Why would she leave? She should stay. Stay beside me. She turns around and starts walking away from me. I don't want her to leave, I want her to stay. I try to move my limbs again but it goes in vain. I try to shout to make her stay but no voice leaves my mouth.

She is going away from me and I cannot stop her. She is disappearing while I am tied by some unknown force. I want to shout at the top of my voice. She turns the doorknob and is about to leave.

"Nooo, stop please." My eyes snapped open and I sat straight on my bed, looking around my room and finding it completely normal.

So, it was again the same nightmare.

I shake my head and pinch the bridge of my nose. The thoughts of a strange girl and nightmares have made a place in my life since the last five months. Five months since I returned back from India. Five months since a lot of weird things happened. Five months since my family has been acting super sweet and a little weird, not like they were any less before but there has been a noticeable change in their behaviour. And five tragic months since I can't remember how two years of my life passed by in a blur, a blur which even I don't remember.

Everyone around me has been trying to convince me that there is nothing like that and I remember the two years but since nothing significant happened, I don't seem to have a vivid memory of it. But I know it's all a lie and there is something which they aren't telling me because I clearly remember it was just five months ago when I was discussing an important shipment that happened two and a half years back.

Sighing, I shake my head and leave the bed. I freshen up and take a bath before getting ready and heading to work. The same old routine. Everything is the same. Nothing has changed even a bit. And yet, it feels like it's all completely different. It feels like it was never this way.

There is an empty feeling in my heart, as if a part of me is missing and lost somewhere. I don't know what it is or why am I feeling it but since the last five months, the emptiness has not left me. Every time I try to think or remember things, a strong ache starts in my head and sometimes I faint. I have no idea whatsoever as to why it keeps happening again and again but I generally push those thoughts behind my head and focus on my life and work.