𝟒𝟗- 𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

Chapter-50 Drives me crazy is now available on ScrollStack. Follow me there to never miss an update.
********************************************

Samaira's POV

Six Months ago

It's been two years since I have been running for my life, away from my home country, my family and my love. I don't want to run away from them but if I don't, I will end up hurting them or maybe even die. So, there was no choice left for me. Right now, I am in Italy, hidden under a fake name. I have made this country my home for the last one and a half years and I have started to find some peace here.

My restless heart always bleeds for him with the hope to see him again, if everything gets back on track. I can't tell him the truth or go back to him, all I can do is wait. Wait for the right time or accept that this is what destiny has written in my share.

Six years ago my life took a drastic turn. Something I never expected in my wildest dreams happened which took away everything from me.

It was just a normal summer day when we were enjoying our high school time. Everyone was excited about Aadya's birthday. So was I and Ariv. The celebration was not much as our school didn't allow fancy birthday celebrations but Abhimaan somehow managed to bring a cake and Ika got the party poppers and stuff. We all cheered and she cut the cake.

Soon, school ended and all of us started departing to our dorm rooms. I was with Ariv, walking together hand in hand, giggling and smiling at his jokes. I was telling him how I feel that Aadya and Abhimaan would make a perfect couple and he was just being grumpy and mad about it.

"Stop it, Maira. I don't like that guy." He spoke, trying to fake glare at me.

"Come on, Riv. He is so sweet around Aadya. Don't you think they would make the perfect grumpy X sunshine couple?" I asked, giggling at his frustration, clearly enjoying it.

"Couple my foot. I will beat the shit out of him if he tries anything on my sister."

"Look at you being all riled up." I laughed and he stared at me adoringly.

"Don't you think you are laughing way too much." He said and started walking towards me. I walked back before my back hit the wall.

"Riv, stop. We are on campus." I pointed at the obvious but he came forward with a smirk on his lips.

"They already know I am yours so I don't care if we are on campus or not." He replied and his lips met mine.

It was a small kiss which we soon broke and smiled at each other. I held his hand in mine and walked towards my dorm. We reached there soon after and he dropped me before going back to his dorm room. I waved him back and walked inside when suddenly something came to my mind. I turned around and left the room but saw Ariv wasn't there anymore. He must have left.

I decided to go back to my room when my eyes fell on two figures, who I figured out to be Aadya and Abhimaan. They were leaving the school campus and going somewhere. I did not want to be a creep or something but something in me urged me to follow them. They walked together to some distance and soon reached a dark alley.

A sense of fear erupted inside of me seeing them alone and moving towards the dark alley. Aadya stopped and asked Abhimaan something, who in turn reassured her and urged her to walk forward. I didn't stop and kept following them because now I am doubtful of his intentions.