8. 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐭

Advika's POV

I came out of my bathroom after taking a bath. Today we have to go to Rajat Uncle's place. Since the real motive is to ask for Manisha Di's hand in marriage with Ekaksh Bhai, I am sure Aadya and Manisha must be wearing something traditional. Hence I also picked a simple baby pink patiala suit. I decided to accessorize it with my favourite snowflake pendant. I was getting ready when I got a call from an unknown number.

"Hello, Who is there?" I asked picking up the call
"Hey babe, remember me." came his reply. From the voice itself I knew it was Gio. Not gonna lie his voice is sexy and that thick Italian accent every now and then makes it sexier.

"You there?" He asked which brought me back from my trance.
"How did you get my number?" I asked him in a no nonsense tone.

"I have my source, baby." he whispered. Focus Advika, Focus.
"Oh please. Buttering my best friend and getting my number is not at all gentlemanly" I said to him

"Never claimed I was a gentleman. Also, I didn't butter her, she herself gave it to me." He replied huskily. Maybe it's just me who found it seductive but it was hot not going to lie.

"Listen I don't have time for your nonsense. I am cutting the call. Bye." I said, pulling myself together.

"You know I found a bracelet with two butterflies made in it, in the hallways. I just called to ask if it belongs to you or not. But it's okay you don't wanna talk. Bye then." he said.

I checked my wrist and saw my bracelet was missing. It was one of my favourite bracelets. Dad got it for me when I was a kid. I loved butterflies a lot, that's why he gave it to me.

"Yes, that's mine. Please keep it safe." I replied to him hurriedly.
"I mean you don't want to talk to me. So why should I listen to you." he teased, completely enjoying it all.

"What do you want", I asked with a straight face
"Now that's a question I would appreciate. What do I want? Let's see, maybe a date. What do you say?" He casually suggested.

"And what if I say no." Being in no mood of stepping down, I challenged him further.
"Okay then, bye. And your bracelet ain't my responsibility." Came his reply.

"Fine, Keep my bracelet safe and I will go on a date with you."
"Now that's like a good girl." I am sure he would be grinning.

"Give the bracelet to Aadya when you see her." I instructed him while brushing my hair.

"Nah, I will make you wear it after our date. This bracelet is the guarantee that you will come." He replied and my fingers curled around the comb.

He is smart, isn't he?

Argh, but I hate it.

Aadya's POV

"Don't worry I will get your bracelet back." I said to her, after she finished the story.
"You will." she looked at me, hopefully.

I know how much that bracelet means to her. And what Gio is doing is not right. He could have approached her in some other way. But this was not to be done like this.

"Arey! Trust me na baba. Come on now let's go." I said and took her back with me where everyone was.

All of them starred our way. Gio smirked at Ika while she glared at him. Adrian was looking at me with expressions I could not decipher. Bhai and Manisha di had questioning gazes.

"We were talking about something related to work guys." I spoke, answering their unasked question
"I think it's late. We should head home." Bhai suggested.