𝟒𝟕- 𝐄𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥

The next chapter, Ch-48 Birthday Gift is now available on ScrollStack. Follow me there to never miss an update.

3k+ votes and 1k+ comments to unlock the next chapter
********************************************

Adrian's POV

Chehra kyun milta tera,
Yun khwabon se meri.

I step out of the car and see the huge mansion in front of me, decorated with lights. I could sense the big crowd of people from the outside. I look on my left and see a beautiful garden, covering around the mansion and to my right is an empty swimming pool. The garden is decorated with beautiful lights and ribbons all around.

I looked in front of myself and saw Ekaksh coming towards me, followed by Ariv. I walked towards them and he forwarded his hand for a shake which I gladly took and then engulfed him in a brotherly hug. After that I shook hands with Ariv and hugged him too before exchanging greetings.

"I am glad you made it. Thank you for coming." Ekaksh said.

"I had to." I replied and his eyes focused on me before getting back to normal.

"Come on, let's go inside." Ariv spoke and we nodded.

All three of us made our way inside. As I entered the hall, I could see it filled with people. Everyone was talking and enjoying the party. The whole place was decorated with lights, pink and grey balloons and ribbons. It was a 'coquette' theme party. The whole place looked beautiful with the decorations.

Ekaksh introduced me to some of his business colleagues and I greeted them before we got involved in business conversations. They recognised me immediately and showed their interest in working together, if possible, in the future. Most of them were the old men who were running their well settled company while some of them were the younger guys like us who either started a new company or took over their parents' empire. After talking to them for sometime, we excused ourselves from there and went towards the cocktail bar.

"A glass of whiskey for me." Ariv ordered and then looked at Ekaksh and Me.

"I will have Scotch." I replied to his unasked question and he nodded before looking at the bartender and repeating it for him.

"Make it two." Ekaksh also said and leaned on the counter.

"So, how's life back in Manhattan?" Ariv asked me and I shrugged casually.

"Nothing much. Just the regular, work and home, home and work." I replied.

"Still the same old barren love life? Or did you find someone for yourself?" He threw another question at me but it felt as if the question had a whole different meaning altogether.

"Nah. Noone really gives me that kick. Staying alone is way better. Also, I never really thought of falling in love or settling down with someone. So, it's just me, for now at least." I replied honestly.

And now that I think about it, I actually never gave it a thought when it came to love. Noone made me feel something in my heart that my mind revolves around the person. I never really came across someone for whom my heartbeats would increase and time would stop and all the bullshit. Except for the girl who I met a few years ago on Chapel Bridge. I could never forget her sad eyes and empty gaze.

"Trust me, Williams. You haven't changed one bit." Ekaksh's voice brought me back to reality.

I looked at him and found him looking back at me with a sad gaze. He quickly masked his emotions and passed me the glass of scotch. I took it from him and raised it for a cheer. We clicked our glasses together and took a sip.