7. 𝐆𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

Aadya's POV

I was departing back to my room to change my clothes when Gio met me in the hallways.

"Hey! Sup." I greeted him as he started walking beside me on the stairs.
"Hi. I realised we didn't get to know each other much." He said, fidgeting his fingers.

"Of course. So, tell me something about yourself." I asked, curiously.
"Well, I am the COO at Williams Co., as you already know. And— what else would you like to know?"

"You are an Italian, right? So, did your family shift to Manhattan when you were young or what?" I didn't know what else to ask so I started with knowing about his family.

"Uh— I actually don't have a family. They died in a plane crash." Suddenly, his voice turned sad and I felt guilty for asking him the question.

I didn't mean to hurt him but I had no clue about his family and what's with them. Had I known anything, I wouldn't have brought the topic up.

"Hey, I am really sorry for asking. I didn't know."
"It's alright. Relax. Anyways, forget about me. Tell me something about yourself." He changed the topic immediately and a sad smile curled on my lips.

"There is nothing much to me. Just like you, I am an open book." I shrugged with a smile.

"Haha, so we are basically the same people in different fonts." He joked and I chuckled with him.

"That's one way to put it." I replied.

"And what about your best friend?" Gio asked and that had my attention now.
"What about her?" I asked him back.

"What is she like?"

"Mhmm. Looks like you are interested in knowing her. Aren't you?" I smirked at him and he cleared his throat.

"Well, I can't deny it."

"Why don't you ask her yourself, what she is like?"

"Huh!"

I took out my phone and searched my contact for her number.

"Here. You can talk to her and get to know her yourself." I sent him her number and smiled at him.

He seemed to be a nice guy and exactly like the one I can picture Ika with. So, I trust him enough to give him her number. We were talking when Adrian came from behind.

"This should remain between us. Don't tell anyone, I repeat do not." I warned Gio and he smiled at me before going away from there.

I then started walking towards my room while Adrian followed beside me. I did not start a conversation with him, especially after the move he pulled some time back.

"Ekaksh will beat the shit out of Gio if he comes to know about this." He said out of nowhere.

I turned my head a little towards him and raised my brow, "Why would bhai do anything like that?" I asked.

"You know we men have a code which we stick by." He replied with a shrug.
"What code?" I asked him.

"You don't mess with your best friend's sister and—" he started but before he could finish a laugh erupted out of me.
"Why do you think he was trying anything on me?"

"I know my friend and I know he is a big time flirt. From what I heard, it seemed you two have already started keeping secrets. So, I just guessed." He replied.

"Well, in that case, you should know the whole conversation before making assumptions. I am sorry to break your bubble but there is nothing like what you think with Gio and Me." I told him with a stern look this time.

𝐌𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐚𝐢 𝐓𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐧On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara