6. 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐤

Aadya's POV

I was in complete disbelief, not because I was not happy or I didn't want him to marry, I mean ofc he was already dating her so he was supposed to get married one day. But I didn't expect this so soon.

"So was this the surprise you were talking about the other day on call?" I asked, remembering he talked about some surprise before arriving.

"Yes. I wanted her to be with me when we announced this news but then we talked in the morning today and decided to tell you guys today itself." He explained before nervously looking at all our faces which were shocked from the news.

"So, what do you all think?" He asked us.

I looked at Ariv bhai and he stared back at me before nodding.

"What do you mean by 'what do you all think'? What are we supposed to think?" Ariv bhai retorted.

"This time, even I agree with Ariv bhai. Without any notice you dropped a bomb on us." I continued his sentence.

"I am sorry, princess. I would have told you before but—" Bhai started explaining again but I cut him off immediately, "Well, this calls for a celebration. We are so happy for both of you." I cheered him up and a content smile appeared on his face.

"What do you think mom and dad?" He asked our parents who were looking at each other and then back at him.

"We are also happy for you. And I am so glad you chose Manisha for yourself. She is such a beautiful soul." Mumma said to him and all of us agreed.

"So, I was thinking if you could go and talk to her parents tomorrow. You know all the elderly stuff and then decide the date for the wedding. We don't want to wait any more." Bhai asked them.

"Calm down a little, bhai. You just gave us a big surprise. Let us digest that first." I chuckled and said.

"Let's visit her place tomorrow. In fact, a few days back Rajat himself was suggesting to organise a family meet as it has been a long since we all gathered together. I will call him tonight and inform him." Papa spoke.

Papa, Rajat uncle and Ravi uncle have been friends since childhood. Bhai and Manisha di were sent to the same university and that's where they fell in love. Ika, I and Ariv bhai went to the same university together and that's why we have been inseparable since childhood.

After that we teased bhai some more and asked him about his relationship and stuff, for which we were scolded by maa as it is not something we should talk about in front of our elders.

All this while I felt a pair of eyes staring right at me and I knew who they belonged to. He didn't speak anything since the discussion started but yet, he made his presence known. I didn't dare look up because if I do, I won't be able to look away from those baby blue eyes. They were the most beautiful shade of blue to be honest. There was something so captivating about them that I just couldn't help but admire.

After some time, everyone wrapped up the discussion and returned back to their respective rooms. Since mine and Adrian's room was on the furthest corner on the second floor, he was walking just beside me right now. I didn't initiate any conversation and kept walking.

"Have you ever realised that you talk a lot?" And finally he spoke up, after being mute for more than an hour.

"I believe it's better than not speaking anything and sitting like a dumb." I retorted back.

How can he even call me talkative? I don't even speak much. Aaya bada, gadha kahin ka, huh!

"I heard there were some problems in your company and your designs were stolen." He ignored my previous remark and meakily changed the topic.

"Yeah, well there are some people who want to pull you down so low that in the end they end up in the shithole." I replied to him.

"So, did you find out who was behind all this?" He asked again.

Looks like someone can't keep quiet now.

"Yes, and one of them got the punishment they deserved for messing with me. Now it's the turn for the other. And I have something better planned for her." I smirked thinking of the plan.

"And wha—"

"We reached your room, Mr Williams. Good Night." I pointed towards the room before he could finish his sentence.

"Good Night." He replied in a low voice and went inside the room.

I sprinted back to my room and closed the door, releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding. Why does it feel different around him? He is weird, but in a good way and, argh, I hate it. I was thinking all this when there was a knock on my door. Maybe Adrian needs something.

I opened it to be welcomed by the sight of my bsf and oh, how I thanked god it was her and not him.

"What is going on between you two? Mhmmm mhmmm." She teased and jumped on the bed.

"Shut up. What's wrong with you? Why will anything be going on between us?" I asked and joined her on the bed.

"You know, I noticed something. Both the friends are so different, like poles apart. There is Adrian who does not talk much and keeps it to himself and then there is Gio who talks so much. I am sure it's Ekaksh bhai who is the glue in their friendship." She commented with a sigh.

"Look at you commenting about Giovanni so casually. He never talked to me and you claim he talks a lot. What's going on between you two, huh?" Now it was my time to smirk.

"Arey, it's nothing like that. It's just, after coming back from the airport and then before coming for dinner, he met me and was talking non stop. That's how I just made an assumption." She shrugged casually.

"Hmm hmm.. I totally understand." I smirk sarcastically.

********************************************

Next day

Ika went home early in the morning but eventually we were going to meet again at Manisha di's place late today.

I walk downstairs and see everyone sitting in the living room. Ariv bhai and Gio were laughing about something while Ekaksh bhai and Adrian were discussing something important, probably. I made my way towards them and sat beside Gio and flicked Ariv Bhai's forehead.

"What the hell? Are you out of your mind, Aadya?" He almost shouted, caressing his forehead.

"Chill out, brother. I was just testing my flicking skills." I replied and picked up a strawberry from the fruit bowl.

"Grow up, penguin. You aren't a kid anymore."

"Oh, I know. A kid can't flick your forehead like me."

"Come on, both of you. Stop fighting early in the morning." Ekaksh bhai said and I shrugged my shoulders.

"So, what are you all talking about?" I asked them, looking at the laptop in Adrian's lap.

"Nothing much, just some work related stuff, you know." Bhai answered and I nodded.

"So, you own a real estate company?" I asked Adrian.

"Yes. Are you interested in real estate?" He replied and threw a question at me.

"Nah, just asked for business purposes."

"What business purposes, may I ask?"

"Nothing much, will just rob your company and get all shares in my name."

"And you will do all this by knowing what the company is about?"

"Haha no, that's just extra information."

Gio started laughing at my comment and all the other guys joined him soon. Meanwhile, Adrian's eyes didn't leave mine and he was simply amused by this nonsense. I was about to move my eyes away when he commented,

"If you want all the shares, just ask me." And with that he winked at me.

__________________________________

Chup chup ke dilbar ka deedar kr
Are Dil tu aahista izhaar kr
Saara ka saara na krna abhi se
Aasan kiston mein tu pyar kr

Follow me on Instagram for spoilers, announcements and reels.