𝟓𝟖- 𝐑𝐮𝐡

Na koi khuda mera tere siwa
                   Mera jag saara ho tum

Adrian's POV

We reached the hospital soon and my heart was aching with each scream that left her mouth. She does not deserve this pain. For God's sake, no one does. I drove as fast as I could and then carried her inside the hospital.

Her due date is still twenty two days later so this sudden contraction and water breakage was a surprise to both of us.

As we reached inside, the doctors immediately attended to us because I had informed Ekaksh about this and he had called the hospital so that there wasn't any hassle when we arrived.

"Aaaaa… hhhhhh," her screams were the only thing ringing in my ears and I hate the fact that I cannot do anything to help her. The contractions are increasing and hence the doctor advised us to directly take her to the operation theatre.

"It's okay, baby. I am here for you. Please, try to relax a little. For me." I whispered sweet nothings in her ear and held her palm close to my heart.

I kissed her forehead and hair, and tried to make her feel relaxed a little. She was laid on the stretcher as we moved towards the operation theatre.

Her body finally relaxed a little and she was shifted on the OT bed. I sat next to her as the head gynaecologist entered inside, followed by two nurses.

"Good evening, Ms Sharma and Mr Williams." He greeted us before making his way towards Aadya's bed. "How do you feel, Aadya?" He questioned and one of the nurses turned on the monitor where the baby and its motions were going to be shown.

"It hurts." She replied to him, closing her eyes shut, trying to control the pain.

Nodding his head, he connected something on her stomach and we could see the baby on the monitor. The baby was moving slowly inside her, his hand was wrapped around the umbilical cord.

"The baby looks healthy but we have to move him a little so that he frees the umbilical cord. It will be slightly painful." He explained and started putting on his gloves.

I looked at Aadya's face which had tear marks on the cheeks and she tried to drink up the words the doctor just said, to hide her pain. This shit burns my heart more than I could ever imagine. I hold her hand and squeeze it gently to tell her that I am by her side whenever she will need me.

A small smile spread across her lips, "We have got this. Right?" She spoke with a broken voice.

"We will get through everything if we are by each other's side. I am here for you, baby." I reassured her before placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Mh mh.." the doctor cleared his throat and looked at us, "We should start now or else the situation may get critical."

I nodded at him and motioned for him to start.

"Mr Williams, you will have to leave the room." He pointed out and now suddenly, my eyes turned angry.

What the hell does he even mean by that? I am going nowhere leaving her in a situation like this.

Before I could retort, Dove held my hand and stopped me, "He is the father. Let him stay." She spoke and as those words left her mouth, my heart fluttered.

For the second time in my life, I felt this and right now is not the time to make it about me but holy fuck, the words impacted more than anyone could ever imagine.

"Even if he is the father, according to our protocols he cannot stay. We are really sorry, Ms Sharma."

This bastard cannot let me rejoice this special moment for even two minutes. Balling my fists, I glared at him.