𝟒𝟖- 𝐁𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭

Adrian's POV

Anjaane ho tum jo, begaane ho jo tum
Pehchaane lagte ho kyun
Tum gehri neendon mein jab soye soye ho
To mujh mein jagte ho kyun.

The moment those words left Ekaksh's mouth, my hold on the glass tightened further and suddenly, the glass broke, in my hand itself, letting drops of blood drip from my palm. All of a sudden, the attention of everyone present in the hall was drawn to us but my eyes did not leave her, who didn't even care to glance my way, not even once.

"Oh lord, what did you do Adrian? Leave the glass shreds." Ekaksh spoke and took away the broken glass from my hand. "Ariv, call the maids and get this cleaned. Adrian, come with me, we have to get your hand cleaned."

He took me with him to his room and Manisha followed behind us. Gio and Ariv made everyone focus back on the party, telling them that it was just a minor accident. All this while, her eyes never met mine nor did she look my way to even see what happened. There was a pang in my heart because of her behaviour but who was I to complain.

It's not like we know each other and she is something to me.

We reached his room and he asked me to go to the washroom and wash my hands under running water first. After that, Manisha came with the first aid box and started cleaning the wound. It wasn't a deep cut so she cleaned it quickly and bandaged it.

"What got into you? Who breaks a glass in their hand, Adrian?" Manisha asked with a chuckle.

"I didn't realise the glass was so weak. Otherwise, I would have held it very cautiously, you know." I replied to her jokingly.

It's not the truth though.

"Right, we should have given you silver glasses. That wouldn't break."

"See, now you nailed it."

Both of us chuckled at our jokes. I moved my eyes to a distance and saw Ekaksh leaning against the doorframe and looking at us with a strange expression. It's like he was missing this. There was a small smile on his lips but his eyes were sad. I couldn't figure out what he was thinking exactly.

"Don't worry, I ain't stealing your woman." I said, grabbing his attention.

"As if you can." He snorted in response and came to sit next to me. "You can try all you want but my Isha won't bat you an eye."

"Well, your Isha is taking care of me and holding my hand. Maybe she would bat me an eye if I tried. What say, Manisha?" I looked at her winked playfully.

"You see, Adrian, I am married. You should have tried before." She replied, flaunting her wedding ring.

"I lost my chance, didn't I?"
"Yes. But it's okay, if Ekaksh does something I don't approve of, you can try on me then."

"Excuse me, aren't you two talking a lot." He retorted and all of us laughed.

"Okay now, let's go downstairs. The dance will start anytime soon." Manisha said, standing up and keeping the first aid box on the table.

"Dance?" I asked with confusion in my tone.

"Yes, Avyaansh suggested that we organise a dance after the cake cutting." Ekaksh replied and my teeth gritted together at the mention of that name.