44- Who Are You?

The next chapter, 45- Lifelessness is available on ScrollStack. Link is in my conversation board.
Please vote and comment on this chapter because I really want to know how you felt after reading it.
*******************************************

             Bhula dena mujhe, hai alvida tujhe,
                 Tujhe jeena hai... Mere bina❤️‍🩹

                               Aadya's POV

Lifelessness.

That's the only term which can define what I am feeling right now. The sight of his still body, covered and drenched in blood, is coming in front of my eyes every now and then. One moment he had me wrapped in his arms protectively while the other, he laid on the ground, unmoving and soaked in blood.

He got three bullets, just to protect me.

Just for me.

Because of me.

I am the reason why he is lying on the hospital bed, in such a critical condition.

I am the reason behind the tears his family is shredding.

Bhai's guards arrived at the scene with an ambulance soon after Rian was shot. But what was the use of it? The bullets already reached him and pierced through his abdomen. When his blood soaked body came into view, my lungs stopped working. My heart stopped beating. My gut clenched. The world went blank and only the colour of his blood was seen by my eyes. I ran towards him and held him in my arms, begging him to open his eyes and talk to me. Pleading him to at least tell me if he is okay or not. I kept shouting but he didn't hear me.

We brought him to the hospital, where right now he is kept in the operation theatre. The doctors aren't answering anything. Mrs Williams and Amelia can't stop crying. Mumma and Papa are beyond stressed and worried about his condition and trying continuously to console his parents. Mr Williams and Ekaksh Bhai are busy doing the paperwork and bills. Ariv Bhai and Bhabhi are looking after everyone. While I have locked myself in a washroom because I don't have the power to face anyone, not even myself.

My tears don't seem to stop. I can't see anything other than his desolate body in front of my eyes, with blood dripping from every part of it. It feels like the nightmares and negativity finally won. It feels like everything I always dreaded for to come true, finally did. It feels like the demons are hovering over me and laughing at their victory. Laughing at my condition. Laughing at my tears. Laughing at my weakness. Laughing at my helplessness. It feels as if they are reminding me how they warned me this will happen but I kept disregarding it. It feels as if they are mocking me and enjoying every bit of my misery.

Why did this happen to me out of everyone?

Why after everything finally went back to normal?

Why do I have to suffer every single time?

What did I ever do to deserve all this? Why me, God? Why me?

I couldn't help but shout, looking up, trying to get it all out without sobbing but my voice broke and the rivers flew down my eyes. My eyes fell on the mirror in front of me and I stared into my own eyes, blank and lifeless eyes, red and swollen eyes. My face was covered in dirt with little cut marks here and there and hair was all over the place. My kurti, dirty and torn at places. Within a span of a few hours, my state changed completely. I was laughing and enjoying my Roka with my family in the morning and now here I am, crying my eyes out for my fiancé who is lying on the ventilator.

Why did he come forward to protect me?

Had he not covered me and saved me, it would be me on the ventilator and he could have been safe and sound. He would have handled the situation better than me. The situation when reversed would have been so much better and convenient. Then why did he come forward and took the bullets?