43- The Attack

A major plot twist is going to start from here. Make sure to comment down your opinions.
Chapter- 44 WHO ARE YOU? Is available on ScrollStack, you can access it through the link in my conversation board.

**************************************

                             Aadya's POV

It's been one and a half weeks since I introduced Rian to my family as my boyfriend. In these past few days, everyone got the much needed chance to interact with him and get to know him better. Ekaksh bhai, Ariv bhai and bhabhi knew him from before and that was a good thing because that made mumma and papa be a little more liberal towards accepting him. Papa tested him in every way. He used to ask him weird questions which made no sense but still Rian answered them all with sincerity. Mumma and him became good friends who sometimes even forget about me.

Haha, what a life.

In short these past few days were wholesome. Even at Ika's place, Ravi uncle and Sudha aunty accepted Gio and according to the updates she gives me everyday, the situation at her place is exactly the same as mine. Papa and Ravi uncle have become comfortable around the boys and from what I heard in the morning, they have planned a cricket session on Sunday. I am glad they are finally getting along.

But there is something which has been bothering me for the past few days, a feeling in my heart, a feeling that something terrible is going to happen. I don't want to believe it but the feeling is not ready to go away. Last night I had a nightmare where Rian was leaving without me. I was running behind me but he did not stop. I don't want to remember it again but I can't avoid it.

"Aadya, tell him, we can also play cricket perfectly fine." Bhabhi shook me from the side which brought me back from my trance.

I looked around to see everyone's eyes on me. We were sitting in the living room, discussing the cricket game, when I zoned out.

"Ofc, I was a pro at Cricket when I was a kid." I said and flipped my hair in pride.

"Dropping a caught ball and not being able to hold the bat properly, which was heavier than your weight and taller than your size, was such a pro behaviour, penguin." Chooza commented with a sarcastic smile.

I picked up a fistful of popcorn and threw it at him. How can he insult his sister in front of everyone? Also, I was good at cricket. He is just being mean. Let's not listen to him.

"I was a pro. Don't try to be oversmart, Chooze. You purposefully used to give me the bigger bat because you didn't want me to beat you." I huffed out angrily.

"Whatever lets you sleep at night, penguin." He mocked me and emphasised the word penguin.

"You know what, we will also play with you guys on Sunday. Fir dekhte hai kisme kitna hai dam." I announced and Manisha bhabhi and Ika came in support of my decision.

(Then we will see who is better.)

"Calm down, Dove. Who cares if you were or weren't a pro, for me you will always be the best in everything. Also, I don't know how to play the game, so you can always teach me." Rian pinched my cheeks and smiled at me.

"Hehe, don't worry babe, you have got yourself the best teacher." I giggled and covered my mouth.

"Awwwwww." Bhabhi and Ika awed at us while the guys cringed.

"What was so awe about this? Also, she has a name, stop calling her Dove and all." Ekaksh bhai made a bad face at us and said.

"Stop it, Aksh. Don't you see how cute they look together." Bhabhi responded to him and hit his elbow to which Bhai smiled at her and then glared back at Rian.