15. 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐊𝐢𝐬𝐬

Aadya's POV

I couldn't process what's going on around me right now. I remember two minutes back I left my seat to meet some of my fellow businessmen when suddenly my past came crashing down at me just like a landslide. He was standing in front of him, looking at me with that ugly smirk.

My brain stopped functioning as he came closer to me.

"Enjoying the party, sweetheart", He said.

I didn't know what to say and how to respond. I was standing there like a lifeless body. Suddenly a hand came on my waist from beside me. I didn't realise who it was but I felt safe. I looked up and saw Adrian standing beside me looking at me intently.

"Anything wrong, Dove", he asked with a small smile. I so wanted to scream a YES and cry in his embrace but I nodded my head in negative.

"Hello, Mr. Williams. I am Abhiman Sehgal, Aadya's old friend. Did you not tell Mr. Williams about me, Aadya", He said smirking my way. I just looked down.

"I don't think you are so important that she was supposed to tell me, Mr. Sehgal. Now if you excuse us", Adrian saw my discomfort and took me from there.

"What is it, Dove. Tell me", he asked me.

"Can we please leave. I am not feeling good", I requested, looking at him.

"I will have to check with Mrs. Harrison", he said and I understood his concern too. But right now I just couldn't stay here.

"Rian, please. Take me away from here. Please Rian, I beg you", I pleaded with him.

"Dove, you are a queen and a queen doesn't look good while begging. Just order from next time, okay", he said caressing my cheeks.

I told Ekaksh Bhai that I was not feeling well and then we left from there immediately. The car ride was silent. None of us said anything. But he was checking on me every now and then.

🕊️

We reached back by ten. Mumma and Papa were at Ika's place chilling with her parents, so the house was empty. I rushed upstairs avoiding Adrian's voice. I didn't want to face him right now. More like I couldn't face him right now.

Suddenly he held my wrist and pulled me to him. My hands collided with his chest. I tried to fred myself because I didn't want to talk or answer him now. But he only tightened his grip on me.

"Dove, look at me. What happened? Tell me what bothered you. Did he say something to you? Tell me, please", he asked me softly. I looked up to meet his eyes. The blue oceans never looked so calm yet so agitated.

"Nothing. It's just I don't fancy these parties. I don't feel comfortable in so much of a crowd. Also, I have not been feeling well since morning that's why", I said to him in a soft voice so that he trusts me.

"Are you sure, that's all, Dove!?", He asked taking my face in his palm.

"Yes, I promise there is nothing else ", I assured him but he didn't look satisfied and I understood he had all the reasons for it.

I then started walking to my room again and he followed me. We reached his room.

"Would be waiting for you at the balcony", he said and went to his room.

It was a normal thing for us since last week. Every night we met on the balcony, talked about various things, and got to know each other more. Every passing day my feelings for him grew a bit. I am trying my best to control my urges but his words and his actions keep on challenging me. I keep stopping myself to not get involved with him but he keeps on breaking all my walls.