12. 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞

Aadya's POV

We were all gathered together in the garden area to have our breakfast today. The discussion about bhai's wedding was going on and everyone was so excited about it, including me.

He is the best brother I can ever ask for. He has always treated me like a princess. He has never let anything hurt me or even come near me to a distance from where I can be hurt. I am his priority and I know that. He is always grumpy around others but in front of me he is a kid. When I was in seventh standard and I got hurt because someone bullied me and cried my eyes out, he rushed to school and made the kid who bullied me do sit ups in front of me. He also danced in front of the whole school just to bring a smile to my face.

Even Ariv Bhai loves me more than his own life. I know we fight a lot but that's what siblings do, right. He got his own hand burned by mistake once when he saw me near the gas stove trying to turn on the stove. I didn't know how to do it and I was gonna burn myself, in order to save me he slightly burned himself and he took the step without even thinking for once. I am happy that I have these people as my family. I must be god's favourite kid that he gave me all of them.

My parents are also the best parents one can ask for. Never treated me less than my brothers, always supported my decisions and were my back. My mother scolds me a lot in teasing but in public don't mess with me in front of her. She once slapped a lady in front of the whole school just because she called me fat when I was doing a skit in the annual function.

And my father, last but not the least. He has set the bar so high that no guy is able to match my expectations. He says doing that will keep me to him only and no guy would be able to take me away from him.

I was in the middle of my emotional rollercoaster when I heard laughter erupting from beside me.

Ariv bhai was laughing at his own joke when Gio joined him with everyone following.

"She is a drama bro, I am telling you. Ask me how I have survived the 23 years of my life with her. I am one lucky human that I didn't die in that period." He spoke, looking at me disappointedly and shaking his head.

That's when I realised they were laughing at me. Like WTF!

"Ayo, are you guys laughing at me?" I narrowed my eyes towards them and they again burst into another fit of laughter.

"No, we are laughing at the ghost behind you." He replied between his laughs.

"Fine. Go ahead, bitch about me. I am not going to talk to you."

Bhai started consoling me and started giving me offers to convince me. Offers that I couldn't resist. Not gonna lie, I use this tactic a lot when I have to get my work done. And it's fun.

"I will book an amusement park for you for the whole night. Take whoever you want with you." Ekaksh bhai offered

I clapped my hands and grinned. I looked at him, nodded and hugged him to which he just chuckled. After getting away from him I looked straight. Adrian was staring at my way. I felt his stare a long time back but refused to look at him. But now I couldn't resist so I looked at him and that's when I saw the rarest sight unfold in front of my eyes.

He chuckled.

Like actually chuckled.

At that moment the voices of all the people around me got mute and that chuckle repeated on loop. Fuck, that sound. I was so lost in him that I didn't realise everyone was done with their food. He smirked my way and winked that's when I came out of my trance. Well thankfully I had already finished my food so it wasn't anything awkward. I didn't look his way after that moment.