38. THE DESTRUCTION

You completed the target, you get the chapter.
Enjoy 💖
7 more chapters to go for the end of the book 🥹

Vote Target: 3.9k votes
Comment Target: 800 comments

Rian has been furious and unsettled since we returned from there

Rian has been furious and unsettled since we returned from there. He made me lie on the bed and stayed with me till he thought I was asleep. After that he went into his study and has not stepped out of it. It's been seven hours, seven hours since he locked himself in the study, doing god knows what.

I did not sleep, just pretended to be. I woke up and fame timed Advika and Ansh Bhai, and told them about everything that happened.

"Thank god you are safe now", Ika said and finally her shoulders relaxed a little.

"That bastard really messed up badly this time. He will be taught a proper lesson", Ansh bhai snickered and I simply nodded.

"Did you gather all the information and proofs we needed?", I asked them.

"Yes, we found out everything and the lawyer working with us said that we will win this easily. I will send you a copy of all his illegal businesses and the funds he stole from the government", Ika explained.

"That's a good thing. I have talked to all the delegates and most of them have clearly denied working with him in any condition. Some still want to give him a chance, because they themselves are in the same puddle, but after we expose him to the world even they will back off", and just like that, something clicked in my brain.

Exposed to the world.

The adrenaline in my blood increased as fear creeped in through my system. Why did I not think about that? How can I be so careless? I can't believe I was so caught up in everything that I forgot about that. This is not good news. Even if everything goes according to the plan, I will be ruined at the end.

I immediately stood up in a hurry and closed the laptop before throwing it on the bed. I rushed towards the door of the room and opened it. I ran across the hallways and stood outside Rian's study. I knocked thrice but he didn't open. I knocked further.

"Dove, leave for now. I am busy", he said firmly.

I could tell from his voice that he was trying to control his anger and that he was frustrated.

"Rian, please open the door. It's urgent", I slammed the door with my fist.

I kept banging at the door when finally I heard a click sound. I pulled my hands back as he opened the door and looked at me calmly.

"Is everything alright", he asked me as he held my shoulders, making me look at him.

But before I could answer, my phone rang. I fetched it out of my pocket and my eyes widened at the name that appeared on the screen. Abhimaan.