30. THE NEW ARRANGEMENTS

We finally hit 1M. I am very thankful to all of you who made it possible 💗

Lesss goooo

I can do this

I can do this. I can survive this.

I stared at the tall apartment complex in front of me. The driver who came to pick me up from the airport dropped me here and is right now taking out my luggage from the car. Nervousness is filling my guts. I rubbed my hands together, tapped my feet on the ground and even bit my nails in hope to calm my senses down.

But did anything help?

No

How am I going to face him? How will he react? Will he be happy? Annoyed? Angry? Will he let me live here in peace? Will he create trouble for me? What if he throws me out of his house in annoyance?

"Miss Sharma. Can you hear me?", I suddenly came back from my trance and looked beside me to see the driver standing there with my luggage.

"Uh- yeah. I think we should get going", I suggested trying to break the awkwardness.

He smiled at me and asked me to follow him which I gladly did. I stumbled twice on my way. I blame my heels for it.

You wear heels everywhere

My subconscious mocked.

The girl at the reception greeted me with a sweet smile and I returned the gesture. We then moved further. I tried distracting my mind from a certain someone by looking around the lobby at other people who were engrossed in work calls or with their family. I looked at kids playing with their parents, people shouting at their employees, men engrossed in newspapers but nothing took my mind off a certain blue eyed man.

We entered the private elevator and the chauffeur pressed the button to the twenty eighth floor. As the lift went up, my knees started feeling weak and the nervousness grew further. I didn't know what to expect but what I did know was, This is going to be hard. No way in hell is Adrian Williams going to let go of someone, who betrayed him or broke his heart, so easily.

I think maybe that's why he didn't say anything when Bhabhi asked him if I could stay here.

The lift pinged open and my thoughts stopped wandering and so did my heart. I am not ready for this. The driver pressed the doorbell. A few moments later the sound of clicking came and I closed my eyes. Suddenly, my heart raced at an unbelievable speed. I could hear my heartbeats clearly.

"You can open your eyes, Miss Sharma", the familiar voice said.

I fisted my hands and slowly opened my eyes, only to find him leaning against the door frame casually. His half naked torso was glistening with sweat, as if he just finished a workout session. I roamed my eyes all over his sweaty body and I could feel myself getting drenched down south.