7

Elsa

Mother was mad.
She became so enraged that she began to stumble over the English words and had to switch to Greek, and that was how you knew someone was mad when they had to switch languages. She wasn't that mad about me not coming back. But she was furious that Tessa had 'forgotten' to mention that she was marrying 'The Donavan'. Then she started yelling and cursing her father, then she started to curse my father for allowing this to happen.

Judging by her outburst, I don't think she was very happy about it. I, on the other hand, didn't know much about 'The Donavan'. and it turned out that they were rich as fuck and powerful as fuck. They owned a variety of businesses including hotels, nightclubs, and casinos. Mind you, that was the legal aspect of their businesses. The illegal aspect, they controlled everything from the street-corner drug trade to the highest levels of government.

Surprisingly The hotel I was currently staying in was apparently owned by them. I believe it was the next day of my encounter with Nicholas in my hotel room, he became an owner. How he became an owner this fast and skip the many steps I believe you have to go through when taking over a business, gave me the idea that it involved a pile of cash and a gun.

Well, guns.

I did tell Asher and Tessa about how Nicholas, like The Devil he was, appeared out of nowhere in my hotel room and all we did was eat, and then he left. I kind of intentionally avoided telling them the part of me screaming and running for my life to the bathroom, and him calmly telling me how he could easily kill me.

Asher got tense and frowned when I said I was alone with The Devil, and he promised he would find out what was going on and He got information.It turned out to be that devil became owner of the hotel on my second stay here. Tessa wondered if it was to keep an eye on me since I was supposed to be dead on paper and I found that to be really dramatic and ridiculous to take over an entire hotel for only that reason. However, Asher agreed with her, making me look at them in surprise. All that trouble just for someone like me? It was not like I knew anything about this world, anyways.

That was the reason I decided to do my own mafia research.

' A mafia family consisted of five categories, and each family needed a leader known as the boss. The boss made all the decisions, and the money made by the family flowed to him. Then there was the underboss, who was second in command which meant that he could resolve disputes without involving the boss. Then there were the capos, leading their own sections of the family-like territories. Soldiers were the lowest rank in the mafia, they had minimal power and made little money. Then there were the associates, who were not technically members of the mafia but work with mafia soldiers and capos on different illegal businesses.

In a fucked-up way, it was actually quite fascinating that, one person could hold this much power over so many people. It truly made me wonder how one could make all this happen and have this many people under them, obeying their every command.Since I still had time to kill before the dinner, I thought I would do some more digging on the Donavan family. I did find articles on how law enforcement had tried multiple times to detain Nicholas, but since they never had any evidence, he was untouchable. There was even an article about evidence that had 'disappeared'. It was footage that went missing, and I immediately imagined him waving his gun around in a threatening manner.

I made a little whistle noise as I continued to read the article in impressment. This was taking the word powerful to a whole different level, only increasing my interest even more in this mysterious Devil going by the name Nicholas.

My interest peaked even more as I wanted to know more about him.

A knock sounded on the door and jolted me out of my current Google research. Google was the answer to everything. Unless when it came to sickness, then the answer was always cancer and you only had two days left to live.