72

Nicholas

I had taken Elsa out to eat after she complained about how she had a long day, not only training in the morning but also having an extra workout in fucking up Miciela, and she still hadn't gotten anything to eat besides breakfast. After eating to her heart's content, she fell asleep in the car as I drove us to the mansion at the vineyards to get some peace.

I gazed at her sleeping form in the passenger seat, smiling when her lips were lightly parted and let out a faint snore. I found it too endearing, and it let me know she was having a good sleep.

I carried her in my arms and went to the master bedroom. I tucked her into bed, caressing her cheek as I admired her, memorizing each of her features. It took everything in me not to lie next to her and hold her in my arms. Instead, I got up and made my way back to the car once again.

I drove off once one of my men pulled up to make sure Elsa was going to sleep with no disturbance while I was gone. The mansion was a safe place, but I didn't want to take any chances. She had gone through enough already.

Glancing at the passenger seat, my eyes landed on her phone that slipped out of her pocket. My brows furrowed as the thought of her phone being hacked after I had gotten rid of her necklace. That bastard was truly too eager for any kind of information. Unfortunately for him, I never mentioned anything relevant to him when Elsa was present.

I grabbed it and turned it off. I would have Josh do a check for me.

I pulled up in front of the large, white building where I usually held my business meetings in Italy. I took a quick scan around, some of my men greeting me before I headed in. I made my way through the doubled office doors where everyone was already present, including my father, as I was the last to arrive. On the other end of the table were the Romanos.

I took a seat and leaned back, raising a brow and waiting for them to talk.

"You must understand why I have requested a meeting with. you. I want to understand what has been going on before taking extreme measurements." Tommaso's eyes held anger, but frankly, I didn't give two shits about it.

"We have been in business together for a long time. We had a deal, yet you killed two of my children. For what?!" He hissed out. His chest was heaving as he tried to control his anger. I looked at him for a while with scrutinizing eyes before I let out a small laugh.

"I don't know about you, Tomasso, but I was raised by women. And in my family, we don't fuck around when it comes to our women. We value them. We kill in their names. So, tell me, was I not right in getting rid of your daughter who harassed my wife, and mocked her? In killing your son who demanded my wife's head for defending herself?" I tilted my head with a chilling smile. He shared a look with his son, Monrao, at the mention of my wife. They knew it was a promised death if you went after a Don's wife, no matter who the fuck you were.

"This is not something I can slide." Tomasso decided to say.

"That's up to you. We can settle things right here, right now." I shrugged and pulled out my gun, my men following my move. The Romanos tensed up, now alert, as they analyzed the situation.

"However, you know damn well you don't want to start a war with me. You need me in your business, but I don't need you. You are replaceable to me. And everything you have worked for will crumble. Your family will be gone, too. So, what do you choose? Think wisely because I will show no mercy after this." I gave him a cunning smile. Tomasso looked distressed, but he knew he stood no chance against me. They were outnumbered, and I enjoyed seeing the sweat form on his forehead about it.

Everyone had a price they were willing to accept to turn a blind eye to a situation. And he was exactly one of them. A power- and money-hungry type of man, which made him a good asset in the business. The results were never disappointing because of his eagerness. But he knew starting a war with me would mean he would lose everything, and more. Because I would destroy anyone who dared to go after my wife.