45

Nicholas

They continued to fire into the warehouse. Bullets flew over our heads while we still were on the floor. I focused on listening to how many were currently firing, and based on the direction of the bullets coming through the windows, my guess was eight people. Two people on each side of the warehouse, surrounding the building.

Now, the question was how many were out with them, not firing at us.

The fire ceased and I looked over to Dante and Josh , seeing they were fine. I signaled to them to spread out as I got up on my feet quietly. In such situations, it was always the smartest to pretend to be dead and work quietly as possible to take them down.

I looked around the warehouse and made my way to a dark corner where I would be able to take cover. It was completely dark outside now with the headlight turned off. But it was even darker inside with only some streams of moonlight providing a bit of light in a few spots.

I crouched down behind a shelf in the corner that hid me from being seen.

The door slowly opened but no one entered to make sure there wouldn’t be any attacks from our side. At this point, I was fucking pissed, ready to get my hands on them as fast as possible so I could get to my Elsa.

The thought of her being in danger right now made me see red and my body was shaking in anger. But I had to force my body into a Cold Zero.

Void of any emotions.

I couldn’t allow myself to feel anything right now and make any rash decisions. I wanted this to be clean and fast without any hassle. We were outnumbered but with how many, I still wasn’t sure about that and I needed my head in the game.

The faster we were done with them, the faster I would be able to get to Elsa  and make sure she was safe. Arianna’s words about Elsa  having great survival instincts echoed in my mind, and for once in my life, I prayed she and our baby would be okay.

They had to be.

Closing my eyes, I let out a long breath, shutting my body. down from feeling anything. My focus was getting ready for those bastards who dared to make such a move on us.

And I was thirsty for blood.

I was going to make sure every single drop of theirs was going to be spilled, and find the motherfucker who wrote that shit on the walls with the pictures.

I snapped my eyes open when I heard movements. They were  slowly entering the warehouse. One by one, carefully checking around for us to see if they could find our dead bodies on the ground.

I almost wanted to scoff out loud if they thought it would be this easy to kill us. But I was about to show them how easy it was to kill them.

Just, as I had thought, eight of them walked in and split up. One came closer in my direction but I was out of his view. I was still crouched down, remaining still and silent as I waited for him to come closer.

I had been trained for this my entire life and I knew how to move without making a single sound. I was born to be a leader and raised to be a killer. And whoever was behind this, had apparently thought they could take me down by creating a trap and making a surprise attack. This wouldn’t be the first time someone has tried something similar, making me almost laugh in amusement if they thought they would be any different from the others.

One thing they would all have in common was death.

And I was ready to drain theirs.

He was close to me now but hadn’t spotted me yet as he looked around fast in a nervous manner. I observed him as he came closer to get a sense of what type of person I was dealing with. But the way he moved immediately let me know that this wasn’t a person who was skilled enough, and he had absolutely no idea what he was doing.