10

Elsa

Planning a wedding was absolutely no joke! There were so many things that needed to be done and it was not even my own wedding, and I was out there killing myself. When I said to Tessa she owed me a big time for spending hours looking at materials, cakes, colors, and what not, she simply said my reward is staying in this majestic manor.

What a sucker.

A week had gone by already, and it has also been a week since I last saw him. Not that I was counting the days and especially not because I think about him every damn minute. ...Okay, so maybe I did think about him... But who the fuck just pleasures you , then freaking disappears out of the blue?!

The Devil apparently.

I was starting to get a sullen mood the more I thought about it as I made my way down the stairs. I raised my brows when I noticed a bunch of people rushing back and forth, carrying flowers, tablecloths, vases, and all kinds of decorative stuff. I looked around at the people, confused as to what was going

Huh, did I miss something?

I spotted Rosana walking towards the stairs, carrying blankets in her arms.

"Hi Rosana, what is all this fuss about?" I gestured to all of these people.

"Oh, a party is being held tomorrow in the garden." She said cheerfully. I had really come to like Rosana, and we would often chat whenever I had my breakfast. She had taken a liking to me because I always returned my plate empty even after having seconds, but it was hard not to when she created heaven on a plate for me. She was such a good cook, and with this rate, I would be rolling soon instead of walking.

"A party? For what ?"

"For Mr.Dante and Miss Tessa."

"Oh... Is it like a formal party or a casual one? If formal, then I need to do some shopping." I said mostly to myself.

"It's up to you, huney. It's just family and close friends who are coming." I gave her my thanks and continued my way to the kitchen. How many parties were they supposed to have? I mean, yes, I did ruin their engagement party, but how was I supposed to know I was supposed to be dead, and not exactly show up? Therefore, that one was not entirely on me... The dinner party was my Uncle's fault. Hence, why he had no tongue anymore.

I smiled. The thought of that always made me happy.

I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and looked at the time, debating whether I should go out and buy a dress for tomorrow, or just wear something simple I could put together with the clothes I had brought with me. I decided it was better to have something fancy as a backup in case everyone decided to show up as if they came from a fashion runway.

I spotted Dario at the front door and immediately thought he could give me a ride to a boutique.

"Hi, Dario! I was wondering if you could give me a ride? I need a dress for tomorrow's party." I asked with a bright smile, but he looked a bit hesitant.

"Sorry, but no one is allowed outside the manor." He said and I raised my brows in surprise.

"Why is no one allowed outside?"

"Boss's order."

"Why?" I scowled at him.

"Can't say."

"Well, this is an emergency. Would you rather have me walk around naked instead?" I was exaggerating but if it got me out to a boutique then I didn't mind pulling that trick. He looked uncomfortable when I said the last part and cleared his throat.