40

Nicholas

The beautiful brown  eyes that shined brightly looked up at me, her eyes narrowing a bit as she smiled with a hint of  amusement on her face.

“Do you really have no idea how happy you make me?” She asked, taking my hand in hers.

“I want to make sure.” I told her honestly. I could see she was happy but now that she was pregnant, she would always be tied to me in that way. I was well aware of it, but her mother pointed out several times to her that being with me would always make her a target for my enemies. And of course there was nothing I wouldn’t do to make sure she would be safe. Even with someone like me.

Things were going to be different as there would be a child involved. It constantly crept into my mind that she would soon realize she couldn’t be happy with someone like me and that the life I was living was going to be too overwhelming for her. It was one of the reasons why her mother left her father, to protect her from the brutality that comes with living this life.

“I guess it’s my fault for not telling you enough then.” Elsa  chuckled, making me smile at the sound. It was like a sweet melody to my ears whenever I heard her laugh, making it my favorite sound in the world. So joyful and so innocent like her entire self.

“I wouldn’t mind if you told me from time to time.” I gave her a half-smile.

“Is my big bad Mafia Boss feeling a little insecure?” She said quietly in a teasing tone, only for me to hear. She bit down on her lip, trying not to burst out laughing. I scoffed and pulled her closer to me.

“Are you calling my ass insecure again?” I raised a brow. I loved how bold she had gotten with me. Teasing me and always calling me out on things. Her fiery personality and her sharp tongue definitely made her a person who could not be tamed and would give you hell for it if you tried.

From the first moment, I knew she would make me crazy and in a such short time, she had already made me test my sanity quite a few times. But I loved every single bit of it. She was my breath of fresh air and made me feel alive in a whole different way.

“Maybe… What are you going to do about it?” She gave me that one smile that made her go from looking so innocent and calm to looking incredibly wild and sexy.

“Fuck… Elsa, not here.” I let out a groan. My hands on her waist tightened as I instantly felt the blood rush down. She wasn’t even touching me. It was one fucking look and she made me hard this fast. Her eyes widened a little when she felt my hard length against her.

“There you are! We have been looking for you.” Arianna’s -voice rang out.

“Fucking hell!” I muttered under my breath as the others were nearing us. I closed my eyes, trying to calm down so I wouldn’t be flashing everyone my fucking hard-on.

Elsa turned around but made sure to stand in front of me to give me time to sort out my situation.

“We were doing our own little shopping. Look what Nicholas  found.” She said happily and showed them the ridiculously small baby shoes that couldn’t even cover the palm of my hand.

“Are those baby shoes?” Josh asked, looking at the shoes confused. Elsa   let out a sigh and looked behind her shoulder at me.

“You didn’t tell him?”

“Why should I?” I half-shrugged at her. I never shared much with anyone but they would all eventually know when she would start to show. I had made sure to only tell those who needed to know to make sure they would be extra attentive to her.