23

Elsa

Three days have passed since Sofia tried to kill me. It was also three days since I talked to Nicholas. I didn’t feel like seeing him or even talking to him, so I locked myself in Tessa’s room ever since. Tessa   tried to talk to me about it but I wasn’t in the mood to talk about how Nicholas and Sofia had fcked. I also had the perfect excuse that I wasn’t allowed to talk due to being freaking choked. Eventually, Tessa dropped it and let me be in my sulking mood.

I stayed glued in bed while she brought me food. I didn’t actually consider it food since I had to be on a soft diet. I was living on soups, yogurts, and Jell-O, which sucked but I had to if I wanted to heal faster. I was already in a bad mood and the food choices I had were not doing anything to make it better. I loved my food and this was doing nothing to satisfy my hunger, which turned me into the biggest bitch according to Tessa.

On the bright side, I was healing. You could say in some weird, fked up way it was a blessing in disguise because I was doing absolutely nothing but resting. My throat wasn’t hurting anymore. because I wasn’t talking and my foot was a lot less painful. I was still limping but I could move it around and support it more than before.

“Get up! I’m getting tired of you being in that bed all the time.” Arianna ripped the blanket away from me.

“Leave me alone.” I groaned and rolled in bed. This wasn’t the first time she has tried to get me out of bed.

“No can do, love. Get dressed, we’re leaving.” Her words caught my attention.

Curious, I sat up only for something to hit my face. Arianna threw clothes for me to wear.

“Where are we going?” I asked as I looked at the clothes. A pair of training leggings and a cropped t-shirt.

“Did you want to learn how to use a gun or not?” She looked at me with her hands on her hips, and now noticed she was dressed in a training outfit.

“I do… but why the training outfits? Are you going to make me run so you can shoot after me and I have to try and dodge the bullets?” I asked suspiciously. Who knew what methods these people used?

“Is that what you think of me? A psycho who shoots after people?”

“Yes.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“You’re not wrong about that.” She laughed and I started to get a little worried.

“But no, I’m not going to shoot after you, you idiot. You wouldn’t be able to dodge them anyways if I did.” She winked.

“How reassuring.” I gave a sarcastic smile.

“Meet us outside, you have ten minutes to get ready before I drag your as out.” Arianna practically ordered before walking out.

I got dressed and pulled my hair into a high ponytail. I grabbed my crutches and made my way down. Luckily, Dnate had gotten them for me but I hadn’t put them to much use since I was just in bed most of the time. But I was happy I didn’t have to depend on anyone to be able to move around.

I made it outside, seeing Arianna and Tessa standing by a car, waiting for me. I looked around and none of Nicholas’s men were present. I guess they were not needed when being with Arianna.

“Ready?” Tessa asked with a bright smile.

“Sure.

We drove for a little bit before coming to a stop behind the woods where there was a large, wide building. They still didn’t tell me what it was and I had to see for myself when we made it inside.