32

Elsa

Tears welled up in my eyes at the sight of him. I quickly sat up and wrapped my arms around his neck. Nicholas  held me tightly into his body with his strong arms as I sobbed into his neck.
I couldn’t believe he was here. Right in front of me, holding me.
He caressed my back as we were in each other’s arms. It was something I had missed so much for the past three weeks. Something I desperately needed right now while my entire body shook as I cried in his arms.
“Elsa…” Nicholas  spoke softly and had me look at him. He cupped my face, wiping the tears away, and looked around my face before meeting my eyes, looking concerned.
“Tell me what’s wrong.”
I looked at him with teary eyes, not knowing how to even tell him. Where do I even start? This whole thing had gotten out of control and I didn’t know what to do.
“I – “I bit my lip when my voice cracked and I looked down, trying to breathe before I continued.
“I had a fight with my mom…” I decided to say and I let out a breath before I looked back at him. He looked at me with furrowed brows, waiting for me to elaborate but I didn’t know how to break it all down to him.
“Because you’re pregnant?” He asked and I held my breath. Fresh tears went down my cheeks as I looked at him with a defeated look, but I gave him a small nod, confirming it to him.
“Why?”
“Because it’s with you…” It came out as a whisper.
“She… She wants me to… to get rid…” I couldn’t even finish the sentence as I broke down once again. Nicholas  stilled, his expression hardened, a storm of rage unfolding in his eyes before he pulled me into him again.
“Shh, don’t worry. No one is going to take our baby away.I promise.” He told me quietly. I let myself be in his arms for a while as he comforted me until I had calmed down.

I didn’t think I would be going through this if I got pregnant. I didn’t think my mother would be reacting this badly to me being pregnant with Nicholas’s baby. I knew she wasn’t fond of him in any way, but to tell me to get rid of the baby tore me completely apart. Those words were something I never thought I would ever hear coming from my mother’s mouth… Planned or not, it was supposed to be a joyous moment.
“How did you find out? Did Logan  and Giovanni tell you?” I was sitting on his lap, curled up in his arms as I looked at him.
“No. I found the pregnancy tests in your purse when I packed a bag for you.” I took a look around and saw that we weren’t in my house anymore but in what looked like a hotel room. I had been so disoriented that I hadn’t even noticed where we were.
“I had to get you out of there.” He said softly and continued to rub my back. I nodded, sighing a bit. Maybe it was for the best not to be there at the moment. The kitchen would just be a reminder of what had happened.
“I’m happy you’re here.” I snuggled into him, holding him tight.

“You said you needed me.” He kissed the top of my head. It had me swallowing down a sob. He really came all the way here because I said I needed him.
“Logan  called, telling me they had called the paramedics because you were not doing well. Fuck, Elsa …for a minute, I thought I was losing you. I was driving like a madman from the airport to get to you.” Nicholas  held me tightly, almost as if his life depended on it.
“It was just a panic attack.” I tried to tell him it wasn’t a big deal.
“That was more than just a panic attack.” He lifted my bandaged hand, small spots of blood had seeped through the material.
“I told you not to get hurt.” He kissed my palm.
“I know, I’m sorry…”
“Did you go to a doctor yet?” His hand went down to my stomach, caressing it as he looked at me.
“No, not yet. I haven’t really had time to process the fact that I’m….. pregnant.” It was strange to use that word about myself.
“I was worried about telling you.” I admitted. We were in the early stages of our relationship, and it was not like the talk about babies ever occurred to me. We were still getting to know each other, and I was living in the moment. I honestly didn’t know his thoughts about kids or if he even wanted them one day. I looked at him to see his reaction, and he looked at me with a small frown on his face.