64

Elsa

I let out a yawn and sat up in the bed, stretching my arms. I looked around the bedroom confused for a second before remembering I was in Italy.

Also, after our talk and knowing his thoughts about still wanting children at some point, gave me a new sense of relief. I knew he wanted that baby so badly because if there was one thing I was truly surprised by, was how quickly he had comprehended that I was pregnant with his baby. He didn’t even freak out considering we had just gotten together. He just embraced everything with no hesitation at all. That was another reason why I knew he would be an incredible father one day.

I got up from the soft bed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face before finding something to wear. The sun was high up in the clear sky, shining brightly and letting me know it was late in the afternoon.

I wore a pretty off-shoulder sage dress with short, loose sleeves that stopped at my elbows.

I was a bit concerned that it might be a little too short as it flowed around my mid-thigh, but I figured out Nicholas  wouldn’t have packed it for me if it was too short for me to wear around here

I was a bit concerned that it might be a little too short as it flowed around my mid-thigh, but I figured out Nicholas  wouldn’t have packed it for me if it was too short for me to wear around here. I didn’t want to piss

Nonna off with inappropriate clothing and I wanted to be as respectable as possible.

I made my way downstairs and took my time looking around. It was truly aesthetic inside with a mixture of modern and antique elements, making it all seem incredibly classy and homey. Someone was a fan of art as I looked at the many different paintings on the walls on my way, and of course, I noticed the painting of The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci hanging big on the wall.

I did find it quite funny how there was such a big difference when it came to religious beliefs within Nicholas's family

I did find it quite funny how there was such a big difference when it came to religious beliefs within Nicholas's family. His Nonna was a religious woman who strongly believed in God, and then there was Nicholas , who was practically The Devil himself. I couldn’t help but let out a snicker at my thoughts.

“Do you find the painting funny?” A slightly amusing male voice brought me out of my thoughts, making me turn around.

A tall man with piercing dark brown eyes came to stand next to me, his hands tucked into the pockets of his slacks as he looked at the painting. It gave me the chance to get a closer look at him, but I did not doubt that this man was Nicholas ’s father. Dante  looked a lot like his father.