83

Elsa

“No, no, no, please wake up!” My tears fell down his face, and no matter how much I called out his name, he was still  unresponsive.

“Y-you can’t leave me… We-we haven’t had enough time… Please, come back to me.” But there was still nothing and his eyes remained shut. I sobbed as I cradled his head into my  arms.

This can’t be the end.

“Come back to me, my love…” I whispered, refusing to accept I was holding my dead husband. I then frantically looked around his body to figure out what was happening to him.

His gunshot wound!

I quickly ripped his shirt up and unstrapped his vest, but nothing prepared me for the sight.

Bad wouldn’t come close to describing what I was seeing.

His wound was open and blood flowed out too fast. I immediately tried to stop the bleeding with my hands, watching the blood seep out between my fingers and covering my hands. I rapidly blinked away my tears to clear my sight but they continued to stream down my face as I tried to think how to help him.

I shakily grabbed his shirt again, tearing a large enough piece of cloth to wrap around him. I tied it as tightly as I could while  still adding pressure.Nicholas  was still unmoving. He wasn’t even making a sound. I moved up to him again, checking his pulse on the side of his neck, holding my breath as I did. I let out the biggest breath of relief when I felt his heartbeat. It was faint and slow, but it was still there.

He’s going to be fine.

“Elsa !” I looked over my shoulder, seeing Dante with Tessa  unconscious in his arms.

“Please, go save Tessa !” Dante  looked at me, and then at Nicholas. I could see he was hesitating to leave.

“Is he okay?”

“I got him,Dante. Just help Tessa .” I practically ordered. He gave one small firm nod before running to the exit with Tessa K let out a small breath, relieved that Tessa was in good hands now and would get help.

“Nicholas, wake up.” I whispered, caressing his cheek, hoping for some kind of response. I kept calling his name, touching him; and hoping, praying, he could hear me and come back to

I let out a choked-up sob, and a small smile formed on my lips– when I saw movements behind his closed eyelids. He let out a breath as he started to say something, but I couldn’t make out what it was.

“What are you saying?” I leaned down, my ear close to his mouth.

“… Beautiful angel…” He muttered, and my smile got wiped away.

Beautiful angel?

Who was he talking about? Never once has he ever called me an angel. I looked at him with a frown, jealousy bubbling in

“Who are you calling beautiful angel? I don’t care if you’re on the verge of dying, you better not dream about another woman! Wake the fuck up!” With that, I slapped him.

Nicholas’s eyes snapped open as his head got whipped to the side.

“Fuck, woman! How the fuck are you this tiny yet so fucking strong.” He suddenly erupted, groaning.

“Who were you calling beautiful angel, huh?” I scowled, furiously. Nicholas let out a lazy grin as he looked at me.

“You’re my beautiful angel. So fiery, my love.” I clamped my mouth shut, feeling heat rush to my cheeks and my jealousy dying as he cupped my chin. It didn’t go unnoticed how his movements were slow. Even when he blinked it was slow.