22

Nicholas

“Get her away from here. I will deal with her later.” I ordered Antonio and Logan. Sofia was screaming and sobbing as they dragged her away. I tucked my gun into the waistband behind my back. I ignored everyone else as I focused on Elsa, frowning as I placed my hands on her cheeks. Her eyes were bloodshot, and her neck was red with finger marks visible.
My anger flared at the sight in front of me.
“Don’t talk.” I told her when she tried to say something. It would only hurt her.
“How could this happen?” Tessa pulled her away from me to look at her. She was furious and turned to glare at me.
“Do you just let everyone have access to guns?”
“No.”
“Good to know you’re not keeping track of sit.” She hissed out, and I shot her a warning look.
“Watch your mouth, woman.” I took a step toward her with a glare. Tessa looked away and took a step back.
“S-stop it.” Elsa’s horse voice interrupted. I looked at her to see her wince and put a hand to her throat.
“MIkka is on her way.” Arianna informed me, and I nodded. Dante  stopped next to me and handed me the gun Sofia was holding earlier. I grabbed it and turned it around as I examined the very familiar gun. I shared a look with dante, who confirmed my thoughts.
“Arianna, tell me how the fck Sofia got a hold of your gun?” I snapped at her. She looked at the gun with a frown.
“I don’t know…”
“You don’t know?” I gritted my teeth and stood in front of her.
“I keep this one in my purse… She must have snooped around and found it.”
“Then you better take care of her.” I pushed the gun into her hands.
“Fine.” She snapped and turned to walk away.
“But I warned you, Nicholas. I told you she would be a problem if you didn’t get rid of her.” She gave me a knowing look before continuing down the stairs.
“Get Rosana to my office.” I told Dante and turned to Elsa. She was already looking at me with a frown on her face. I reached out for her, but she moved away.
“Can you help?” She whispered to TEssa. She was already holding onto Tessa for support, who was giving me a disapproving look.
“Don’t be ridiculous, Elsa.” I sighed and closed my eyes when she ignored me and limped to the stairs with Tessa’s help. Elsa was struggling, and Dante took over for TEssa and carried Elsa down the stairs. I rolled my neck in annoyance at the whole situation. My foolishness in the past was biting me in the fcking as right now.
I should have fcking gotten rid of her.

I walked into my office and saw Elsa already seated on the couch with tessa next to her. She talked to Elsa softly, but she didn’t say anything and just kept her eyes down on her lap, nodding now and then to whatever Tessa was saying.
“My goodness…” Rosana looked shocked when she saw Elsa.
“Rosana, Sofia tried to kill Elsa not too long ago.” I leaned on my desk and crossed my arms. Her eyes became wide as she put her hand to her mouth and gasped.
“No, it can’t be… My Sofia?” Rosana asked in disbelief.
“Sofia dared to wave a gun in my house and in front of me.” My expression hardened. Rosana had tears in her eyes, barely believing her own two ears.
“You should prepare yourself. I’m simply saying this out of respect for you.” I told her coldly. Rosana had been working for the family for years and had always been loyal. It was unfortunate her daughter decided to fck up like this.
“No, no please!” She cried out.
“I’ll do anything! Just please, spare her life.” She grabbed my arm and looked at me with begging eyes.
“You know the consequences.” I frowned.
“Please, just send her away. She’s my only daughter.” She sobbed, and tears streamed down her face. I was about to dismiss her when I looked at Elsa, who was focused on Rosana. Traditionally, she would be the one deciding what to do with Sofia since she was the one who got attacked, but since she was not the type of person to order someone’s death, I made the decision.

Elsa’s eyes softened and glistened with tears as she bit down on her lip when it started to tremble. She looked at me, a tear escaping her eye and running down her cheek. She shook her head a little at me before looking back at Rosana.
I rubbed my jaw. That woman was truly something else.
She was too pure and too loving to ever have sit like this happen to her. Too innocent to ever be with someone like me. Yet, I was being selfish. I wanted her, and I had no intention of letting her go despite the dangers of being with me.
“Dante, stop Arianna.” Rosana looked at me with hopeful eyes.
“I’ll send her away. But if I ever see her again, I won’t spare her life.” I promised her. She cried in relief and promised me she would make sure Sofia stayed away. Dante walked Rosana out just when Mikka  came in with her medical bag.
“Elsa, just nod or shake your head at my questions, okay? I don’t want you to talk until I know what the injuries are.” Mikka said when she immediately noticed her neck. I stepped closer when she started to examine Elsa’s face, eyes, and throat. Luckily, she shook her head at most of the questions Mikka asked.
“…Difficulty swallowing?” Elsa nodded.
“I would say you got extremely lucky. You’ll need to go on a temporary diet change, such as a liquid diet or soft foods since. swallowing is painful. And you’ll need lots of rest and don’t talk if you have to strain yourself too much.” She nodded at her again and gave a small smile. I felt myself relax a little when she said she was going to be okay.
“Leave us.” I told Tessa after Mikka had walked out. I got annoyed when she turned to look at Elsa to see if she was okay with being alone with me. I glared at her, not hiding my annoyance at her actions. Elsa had to reassure her she was going to be okay before she finally left us.
I sat on the coffee table in front of her, and I was met with a scowling face.
“Did you date her?” Even though she was whispering, she was letting me know by her tone that she was pised.
“No, we didn’t date.” I sighed, and she looked at me, motioning for me to continue.
“I did sleep with her.” She stared at me for a long time before she shook her head, her eyes full of disappointment. She got up from the couch, but I stopped her and gently had her sit back on the couch.
“It was a long time ago. I was… not in the right headspace back then, and she offered. I didn’t turn her down. Then I went away for months, only to return for the engagement.”
“You fcked her, then you left, only to show up with another woman you’re now fcking.what a fucker you are..with this situation she is not at fault ” Elsa scoffed.
“I didn’t give her a second thought after that. I made it clear it was a one-time thing.” I frowned.
“that one night stand fuvk buddies continue to work and stay at same place and you let her work for you here..great .” She stared at me, not impressed by how this is going.
“I know. I shouldn’t have. Arianna warned me about it when she knew about you. I fcked up.” I admitted. I really did fck up this time, and she paid for my mistakes. She shook her head at me and got up from the couch again. She was pised and disappointed. And I hated it.
“Where are you going?” I stood up as well to help her, but she swatted my hands away from her.
“I don’t feel like talking to you.” She limped to the door, using the furniture as support as she passed by.
“Let me help you.” I sighed.
“I would rather not have you touch me at all.” Her tone was cold, making me clench my fists as I watched her walk away.