51

Nicholas

My fist connected with the punching bag, making it swing before it came back to me once again as I kept throwing punch after punch at it. Sweat was dripping down my face and my muscles were sore from the constant workout. I wasn' t giving myself a break. I knew I was overworking my body by spending hours in the gym but it was the only thing that could keep me from going to her.
One week. It has been one fucking week since she left and not once have I heard from her.

I had no idea why I had expected to hear from her when she had begged me to let her go.
And she left the next day as if she couldn't wait to get away from me. Her tear-streaked face was burned in my mind and I felt guilty for letting her go through this much pain.
I kept punching the bag, throwing one powerful punch after the other but no matter how much I was working out or kept punching the shit out of this bag, the tension and anger.
wouldn't subside. Sweat continued to go drip down my face as I kept going, pushing myself to go harder and faster, in need to do something else to take my mind off of her.

At least she is safe now. It was for the best for her to leave. She couldn't be happy with someone like me, and she had only ever been in danger ever since we got together. I almost lost her too many times already and I still had no idea who had been behind this, or what kind of mess her mother was involved in.
I was going to get to the bottom of this shit, make sure no one was ever going to hurt her again, and just let her live a quiet and safe life like she was meant to. And far away from me because that life didn't exist with me.
My world wasn't for her. She was too pure. Too innocent to have this shit happen to her, and it broke her to the point where her bright brown eyes that I fell in love with, had lost all spark.
I hoped she was doing better and healing, even if it wasn't with me. I just wanted her to be happy and I knew it couldn't be with me.
I wanted to see her.
Even if it was just for a mere second, I so desperately wanted to see her one last time. Fucking hell...

Even working out for hours couldn't distract my mind completely from thinking about her. The bag hit the ground with a loud thud, making me snap out of my thoughts. I kept punching the bag until it fell off its chain. I let it be on the ground and sat down on the bench as 1 wiped my face of sweat with a towel, and tried to calm down my heavy breathing.
I picked up my phone and looked at the picture I had saved of her, the one she had sent to me after I had gifted her the earrings. It was my favorite picture, the way she was smiling and her eyes had so much life in them.

My phone started to ring, the caller ID blocked me from continuing to look at the picture as I have done ever since she left. I kept telling myself it was the only thing keeping me sane right now but I was only torturing myself by looking at her picture, knowing I wouldn't be able to see and hold her.

"What." I snapped into the phone once I had decided to answer the call.
"Hello, handsome." Josh replied with a chuckle.
"What do you want?" I didn't try to hide my annoyance that he had disturbed me
"Are you in the gym again?" He said in a disapproving tone.
"Are you trying to become a bodybuilder?"
"If you don't have anything useful to say, keep your mouth shut."
"What's the fun in that?" I could hear his grin through the phone and I made my way out of the gym, not in the mood to listen to his bullshit. "Fuck off."
"Now, wait a minute!" He said quickly before could hang up the phone.
"Get straight to the point before I fuck you up." I said annoyed.
"That sounds hot." Josh started to laugh. I hung up the phone and went upstairs to take a shower. My phone continued to ring when I didn't pick up but after the fifth time, I had enough.
"What's the point of working out this much if you're still going to be an ass?" He said once I had answered his call.
"Where are you?" "Warehouse by the port, why?"
"So I can come and fucking kill you." I sneered at him.
"Calm down! I was just trying to make a joke, geez..." He kept on mumbling something about me being an unbearable ass these days. I closed my eyes, imagining smashing his skull into a wall over and over again.
"We might have found something." I snapped my eyes open.
"What is it?" I said impatiently. If there was one thing I hated, it was not getting straight to the point and wasting my time.
"Get your ass over here and you will find out. You could use some fresh air." Then he hung up before I could curse at him.