24

Elsa

“Do we have to do this now? I don’t feel like doing anything today.” I complained to Arianna as she dragged us downstairs to their gym. Apparently, a new day meant we were going to learn self- defense.
“You’re the last person to complain when you’re the one who somehow ends up in sticky situations.” Arianna dismissed me as we entered the gym. I groaned but followed her anyway to a big mat for wrestling. Luckily, I would be more of an observer while Tessa had to mock fight Arianna. I already knew Tessa would get her as kicked because of how freakishly strong Arianna was.

We were not the only ones in the gym as Josh,Nicholas,Dante, and another guy whom I didn’t know the name of, were working out. We were on the other side of the gym so we wouldn’t be in their way and disturb them. But dmn, how was I going to concentrate when Nicholas was in nothing but shorts. His body was glistening in sweat as he rapidly punched the punching bag, and I gawked at the way his muscles in the back looked insane and delicious.
“Good Lord…” Tessa muttered next to me as she shamelessly eyed Dante. She was undressing him with her eyes while he lifted weights.
“Seriously? Eyes on me, biches!” Arianna frowned at us with her hands on her hips while she stood in the middle of the mat.
“Yeah, yeah, chill.” Tessa and I snickered and sat down on the bench.

“We will take it slow. I will show you some basic but effective defenses since you don’t really have any training.”
“I would say I’m doing pretty good for someone who doesn’t know shit.” I pointed out, hinting at the hotel situation and Sofia. Well, the latter I got help but still, it counted.
“True, but the goal is to teach you so you don’t get beat up too much in the process.” She nodded to my still stitched-up brow.
“As long as I get out alive, I can manage a few punches.” I joked. I was getting them removed tomorrow right before I leave for home. I was not going back to my mother like this. I did tell her that Tessa had pushed me, making me fall down the stairs and sprained my ankle. I panicked when she suddenly called me, asking me when I was coming back so the words just flew out of my mouth while Tessa was giving me a deadly glare as I blamed it all on her.
Better than telling her I almost got killed twice, right?

“Look who we have here. Whatcha doing?” Josh approached us with a big smile on his face. This guy was always smiling or laughing, which was a breath of fresh air among all these men who never showed anything but a blank face.
“She’s going to teach us self-defense.” I told him and got comfortable on the bench.
“Oh, this is going to be fun! I’m up first.” He said excitedly and stood in front of Arianna. She looked at him with an evil smirk on her face.
“Ready to get your as kicked?”
“Tsk, as if you can take me down -” He barely got to finish the sentence before Arianna suddenly kicked him right in the center of
his stomach, making him stumble back. She quickly grabbed his arm, pulling him to her as she wrapped her hand around his throat with such force that he made a gagging sound. All the while she managed to place her leg behind his and pushed him down to the ground with a loud thud.
“Sorry, what did you say?” Arianna had a smug look on her face, and Josh looked a bit startled at her sudden moves.
“That doesn’t count. I wasn’t ready.” He smacked her hands away and got up to his feet.
“I would have said the same thing if I embarrassed myself like that.” I teased with a laugh.
“Wanna have a go at me?” Josh challenged me and smacked himself on the chest, trying to look intimidating.
“Can’t.” I lifted my foot to show him I wasn’t in a position to be thrown around like that.
“Excuses, excuses. But then again, I don’t have any hope for you. Tessa might stand a chance, but you? You’re so small and weak I can flick you away like a fly.” He had a smirk on his face. I got up and stood in front of him, careful not to put too much pressure on my foot.
“Wanna bet?” I challenged. He placed his hands on his knees to bend down to mock my height.
“Whatcha gonna do, little girl?”
“Oh my God, what is that?” I gasped and pointed behind his shoulder. He looked at me confused before turning to look. I quickly grabbed his shoulders to hold him in place and kneed him right in the balls. I didn’t go full force but still enough to make his
breath hitch in his throat. Josh cupped his balls and fell to the floor, groaning in pain.