29

Elsa

"I have something to tell you." My mother said after we were done ordering our food. We were sitting in a nice restaurant to have dinner and spend some relaxing time together. Logan  and Gio were in the restaurant too, seated close to our table. They have been good at staying in the far background so we wouldn't notice them wherever we went, but they did come inside the restaurants whenever I went to make sure everything was all right. I could live with that as I just ignored them to not cause any attention to them.
"What is it?" I picked up my glass of water and took a sip as I waited for her to talk. She looked at me with a big smile.
"I got you a date." She said excitedly and I choked on my water as soon as the words got out of her mouth. Tears blurred my vision as I violently coughed. My mother quickly came over to me and patted my back.
"A what?" I finally asked after calming down.
"A date!" Her green eyes were twinkling in happiness. I was a spitting image of my mother with the same green eyes, though she was taller and had faint freckles on her cheeks. People would always mistake us for being sisters and would be shocked when they learned we were actually mother and daughter. My mom had me when she was my age, twenty-four, but she was keeping herself in good shape and taking good care of her health. Me, on the other hand, I was filling myself with garbage and barely did any exercise.
"Why? And with who?" I looked at her shocked.
"The other day I had a customer. We were chatting for a little and then her son came in, a very handsome young man, and I asked him if he was single because I have a single daughter. So, I gave him your number." She said proudly and I just gaped at her.
"What?! Mom, you can't just give my number out like that." I hissed quietly.
"And why not? You will like him, trust me. He's very smart and has his own business." She took a sip of her wine, looking satisfied with her date arrangement. My phone buzzed on the table and I looked to see a text message from Logan.

Logan
Turn it down.

Well, no shit. I sighed and I looked at my mother, trying to figure out how to get out of this date.
"Mom, I can't go on a date with... What's his name?"
"Liam."
"Liam... I'm sure he's a nice guy but no thank you."
"Why not? You have been single for a long time. Isn't it time for you to go out and see what's out there?"
My phone buzzed again, and I quickly looked down to see another text message.

Logan
Shut it down. Tell her you're already dating.

That, I can't do, Logan. I really wanted to glare at him right now, but I couldn't when my mom was looking at me. I couldn't tell her I was dating someone. She would ask too many questions I wasn't ready for.
"That phone of yours has been buzzing a lot lately... Oh my, did you find someone?" My mother gasped, excitement showing in her eyes.
Oh, crap.
"I- Uh... Well." I struggled to come up with any words as I tried to think of some kind of excuse.
"My goodness, you did! Tell, me who is he?" She leaned forward, resting her elbows on the table, ready to hear whatever I had to spill.
"Is it Asher?" She asked, helping me with the perfect
excuse.
"Yes, it's Asher." I could feel both Logan's and Giovanni's gaze on me as soon as I said another man's name. I had to try my best not to make a face.
"I've always liked Asher , he's a good kid. It's cute though, you always had a thing for him when you were younger, and you said you were going to marry him. Maybe it will come true." My mother chuckled and totally exposed my ass without knowing it.
My phone buzzed again.

Giovanni
I am telling Nicholas. 😉
That little bitch....
Elsa
uck off.
"How's Tessa? Is she doing all right?" We were done eating and having dessert. It was one heavenly chocolate cake. It melted right on my tongue with bits of chocolate pieces hidden inside the delicious layers, giving a delectable surprise.
"Yeah, she's good. Quite demanding with her endless list of things she wants to have done for the wedding, but she deserves it." I chuckled and my mom just nodded a bit.
"Which one is she marrying?"
"Dante."
"Hmm."
"Something's wrong?"
"He's the younger brother, right?" I just nodded, confused about where she wanted to go with it.
"I was just wondering why she is getting married to the younger brother and not the oldest... But I guess it's for the best. I heard he' s quite the monster, and that's to say it mildly." She scoffed, completely unaware that his men are present right next to our table. I felt myself frowning when she called Nicholas  a monster, but I had to be careful with my words.
"I wouldn't say that... I've met him a few times, he seems... nice?" Meally, I was beating myself for being such an idiot. Out of all words in the world, I settled on nice?
"Are you making jokes now?" My mother frowned at me.
"I just mean that he hasn't done anything to me, so..." I trailed off when I should have just shut the fck up already.
"Be careful. Don't get too close to him. I don't want anything to happen to you. Or I swear to God, I will kill him with my own two hands." Her voice was low and threatening. I looked at her in shock, and I noticed Logan  and Giovanni tense up a bit at the mention of my mother promising to kill their boss. They normally didn't tense up like that unless they get the sense of a real threat. I didn't blame them since they had to be alert at all times.
Her tone had set them off with the hint of a promise behind it. I highly doubt she would actually hunt down a powerful Mafia Boss. I mean, I did get startled because I have never heard my own mother speak like that or seen that look on her face before. It was like in a split second, her eyes went cold,

"Don't worry, I will... stay away." Guilt filled my body as I continued to lie to my mother.
"You have been working really hard lately, mom. How about you take some time off while I take over?" I tried to change the subject.
"Yeah? I have been thinking about it, going away for a week or something. My back has been killing me lately."
"I know. And I do feel bad for leaving you alone with all of this while I was away. You and Mrs. Park can go somewhere nice, get drunk, and have massages. Maybe get laid for once." I snickered, and she did not look amused when I said the last part.

We sat quietly and chatted about nothing in particular as we finished our desserts. But then my mother kept looking toward Luca and Giovanni. At first, I didn't think anything of it as she did look around in the restaurant and her gaze would randomly land on someone. But this time, she looked at them for a little while longer. Actually, for so long that Luca even made eye contact with her and gave her a small smile and nod to which she returned.
I started to get nervous and squirmed in my seat a little. Did she catch on to who they were? I mean I didn't pay any attention to them to not blow their cover, and I couldn't tell if she was neutral expression.
"Wanna leave?" I asked, trying to distract her.
"Sure. Let me just use the restroom before we leave." She got up and before she walked to the restroom, she looked at Logan and Giovanni with a big smile.
"I'm sorry for staring at you earlier, I wasn't trying to be rude. I am just very happy that we live in a time where we can love whomever we want. And if I may say, you two look absolutely beautiful together!" oh my god!I had to try my hardest not to burst out laughing. I put my hand up to my mouth so I wouldn't accidentally laugh.
My mother was looking so happy for them!

"Thank you! We just got married." Logan said with a bright smile.
"Oh, isn't that lovely! Congratulations." My mother let out a big smile before going to the restroom. When she was out of sight, I turned to look at them and burst out laughing. I laughed so hard that no sound was coming out. Giovanni made it even funnier with the sour look on his face as he glared at me.

.

.

.

.

.......