61

Elsa

I had planned on visiting my father today since everyone had plans today, and Nicholas was in his office, working. I didn’t want to disturb him so I killed time by playing with Kiki  for a long while until I decided it was time to go.

I knocked lightly on his office door in case he was on an important phone call.

“Come in.” I opened the door and poked my head in to see if he was too busy. He hadn’t looked up yet and was still looking at some papers.

“Hi.” His eyes immediately went to mine as soon as he heard my voice.

“You don’t need to knock, you can come in whenever you want.” He had some papers in his hand but put them down, and gestured for me to go over to him.

“I didn’t want to disturb you.” I walked around his desk, and he took a hold of my waist and placed me on his lap.

“You will never be a disturbance to me. Next time, just walk in.”

“I will try to remember that.” I placed a small kiss on his lips, making him smile at my action.

“Doing anything interesting?” I looked at the papers on his desk and once again saw lists of endless numbers.

“No, just paying bills.” He said, and my eyes widened at the numbers.

“How are you not broke?”

“Why would I be broke when I make much more than that? I would be one hell of a lousy Don then.” Nicholas was amused by my reaction when I almost dropped my jaw at his response.

“Damn, maybe I should ask you how rich are you instead.” I chuckled but was truly starstruck. I kind of had an insight into how rich he was when he spent fifty million dollars on me without blinking an eye. But this was taking it to another whole new level of money talk.

“I have enough to take care of you, our children, our grandchildren. Hell, even our great-grandchildren, and still live very comfortably.” Nicholas  explained with pride.

“That’s.. a lot of money.” I gave a nod in, impressed.

“Not too shabby of a career path. I should form my own gang and make a shit ton of money.”

“Really?” His voice let me know he was trying not to laugh at me.

“Yes, I would be really good at it.” I said cockily, holding my head high and he just scoffed.

“You won’t even last ten minutes before getting your ass shot.” He raised a brow at me and I crossed my arms, looking at him  offended.

“I would definitely last longer than ten minutes! I will just rule over a few streets and keep it low-key. Who would shoot me for that?” I questioned.

“Me. And you wouldn’t even see it coming.” He leaned back in his seat and smirked at me. I did a dramatic gasp and put my hand to my chest as I looked at him with an exaggerated shocked face.

“Why would shoot me? I thought we were homies!”

“Don’t take it personally, my love, it’s all business. You would be walking around in my territories, trying to take my money…” He leaned in closer to my face as he spoke in a low voice.

“No one takes what’s mine. You will have to kill me first.”

“Oh, really?” I placed my hands on his chest, giving him an innocent smile. Nicholas  didn’t say anything as he looked deep into my eyes, having my breath quicken a little at the intensity of his  eyes. I bit down on my lip, his eyes immediately going down to look. I took it as my cue and quickly reached down to his waistband where I knew he had his gun.