69

Elsa

“I thought you got kidnapped! I was about to send out a search party! But then Dante told me Nicholas took you to Italy. You could have said something!” Tessa  scolded me with a frown as I watched her all cuddle up in bed while we were facetiming. I was outside by the pool, sunbathing and drinking my beloved iced coffee when I decided to call Tessa but I had forgotten about the timezone.

“I didn’t even know he was taking me to Italy to meet his family. He made it a surprise.” I tried to explain to her.

“You could have sent a text or something.” She continued to sulk.

“I’m sorry, but I’ve been kind of busy these days.”

“Oh, yeah, I can see you’re so busy looking fucking hot while sunbathing in Italy.” Her sarcasm had me giving her a blank look.

“Busy with what? Fucking Nicholas all day?”

“That too.” I wiggled my brows before we burst out laughing.

“I’ve been getting my ass kicked a lot lately. Nicholas has been training me and Giovanni and Logan  showed me absolutely no mercy! This is the first time in four days I’m getting a break.” I sighed. When they said they wouldn’t let me off easy, they truly meant it. And I now understood Arianna when she said Nicholas and Dante didn’t cut her any slack. They were all fucking brutal!

“Damn! Well, at least you’re getting better. Did you meet their father yet?” Tessa smirked.

“Yup. Very interesting meeting.” I gave her a knowing look.

“Let me guess, he tested you?” She laughed.

“He sure did. He tried to see if I was a gold-digger and offered me money to leave Nicholas .” I rolled my eyes but I wasn’t pissed about it anymore.

“He did the same to me! How much did he offer you?” Tessa asked curiously.

“Like twenty million dollars. So ridiculous.”

“What the hell? Why the fuck was I only offered five?” She said completely offended, making me laugh at her reaction. Five million dollars was still a shit load of money.

“What did you do when he offered you the money?” I asked. That was the part that had me curious

“I grabbed the check and stuffed it in my bra and said ‘thank you, now I have your money and Dante’s money to shop for.”” She grinned as she looked proud of herself.

“I would have loved to see that! Maybe that’s why he ‘only’ offered five million to you, knowing you would take it.” I chuckled and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

“Wait, what the fuck is that?” Tessa now had her face completely up against the camera.

“Oh, this one?” I smirked and showed her my gigantic_ engagement ring. She did a dramatic gasp.

“Holy fuck! He proposed?! And you didn’t tell me? Elsa, you bitch!” She jumped up in bed and practically screamed at me.

“I’m telling you now.” I smiled.

“Shit, that ring is gorgeous! And huge! Look, Dante.” She rolled to the other side of the bed and Dante came into view as he looked at the screen.

“Wait, he was there the whole time?” I asked, mortified.

“Uh, yeah? Where else would he be?” She gave me a ‘duh’ look.

“I don’t know, not there I guess.” I said a little embarrassed that he heard our not so filtered conversation.